Lindberg Henschel HS-129B

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
uavdb
Active Participant

Lindberg Henschel HS-129B

Post by uavdb »

This is an oldie. The box has a copyright of 1966 and it looks like it was a 60 cent kit. The shape looks right, but the upper fuselage spine edges are more rounded than the Airfix offering. You had to love the colorful box art, which was painted by T.A.M. I'm not sure who that was, but it made me want to buy it!
The one thing with this ultra basic kit is that it had half wheels if you wanted it "gear up"...some pics.
uavdb (Dave)
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: Lindberg Henschel HS-129B

Post by AndrewR »

That looks like a great candidate for a little scratchbuilding project.
Up in the Great White North
uavdb
Active Participant

Post by uavdb »

AndrewR wrote:That looks like a great candidate for a little scratchbuilding project.

My scratch building efforts have been confined to a still in work Frog Blackburn Shark (F179)....some fuselage stringers, seats, throttle levers, nothing too intense. Maybe I should haul it out for the "I'll Ruddy Well Finish It" thread. Hmmmm.
uavdb (Dave)
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

uavdb wrote:
AndrewR wrote:That looks like a great candidate for a little scratchbuilding project.

My scratch building efforts have been confined to a still in work Frog Blackburn Shark (F179)....some fuselage stringers, seats, throttle levers, nothing too intense. Maybe I should haul it out for the "I'll Ruddy Well Finish It" thread. Hmmmm.
Well that's probably what's needed with this kit too - might even be less visible than in the open cockpit of the Shark. :)

Cheers

Andrew

Edit: there's a very cheap ($3 or less) Eduard photoetch set for the Italeri kit, which has bits for the cockpit interior.
Up in the Great White North
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Oh I remember them well. The He100, Me163, Hs129, AR234, Fw190D, He162. Great box art and something out of the ordinary. And they are all very buildable.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
fearless frankie
Active Participant

Post by fearless frankie »

Got one in the loft and when (if) I get round to it,it's half as good as there Do-335 I will be well pleased
uavdb
Active Participant

Post by uavdb »

jssel wrote:Oh I remember them well. The He100, Me163, Hs129, AR234, Fw190D, He162. Great box art and something out of the ordinary. And they are all very buildable.
Well, their FW-190D was pretty bad, but like you said, the rest were good. I seem to recall they also had a Do-335...
uavdb (Dave)

Return to “In-Box reviews”