ICM 1/48 Hs 126B-1 (48212)

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Titan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

ICM 1/48 Hs 126B-1 (48212)

Post by Titan »

Ever since I built the Matchbox Hs126 last year I have been hankering after a 1/48 version so when I saw this one for £10.80 inc P+P ( which was under half price )I just had to get it.
so what do you get....
A nice sturdy box with drawn art work.

Inside we have everything apart from the instructions and decals all contained in one bag which unfortunately includes the clear pieces which I have now taken out to stop any scratches( fortunately mine have not got any but it's best to be safe than sorry.)
The parts total is 169 and the completed model dimensions are...Length 229mm, wingspan 302mm

Open the bag and take the sprues out we get...Three main sprues and two separate wing pieces.

Sprue A.

Sprue B are the two wing pieces.

Sprue C

Sprue D

Sprue E.

Decals

Instructions.

Paint schemes are for three machines.
1,(H)/32 Finland Dec 1941.
4,(H)/23, Russia, winter 1942
2,(H)/14, north Africa, 1941/1942

Well in the box it looks very good indeed with enough detail for it to be built OOB there are aftermarkets from Eduard et al that would would tart it up more if you heart so desires but I think for any normal modeler what is in the box would be sufficient.
I have never built any ICM kits before but I did hear that the decals could be dodgy so maybe I will get another set just in case.
Overall the detail on this kit is really good with some very fine panel lines though the plastic is a little soft and seems to pick up scratches easily but that is nothing to worry about as a bit of micromesh will get rid of them.

It's a big machine as the next picture shows a comparison of the kits wings to a Eduard 1/48 Bf108 and the Matchbox 1/72 Hs126.

Am I glad I now have a 1/48 version...hell yeah and looking forward to building it in 2014.

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark
Blitzbau hero

Re: ICM 1/48 Hs 126B-1 (48212)

Post by Ian »

It looks to be a lovely kit, Mark. Be wary of the decals. Just about every ICM decal I have tried to use (on 3 1:48 kits) have split, crumbled or disintegrated on contact with water.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Titan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: ICM 1/48 Hs 126B-1 (48212)

Post by Titan »

Thanks Ian, I think that I will get the Authentic decals sheet for the Hs126 which has a great choice of markings for 10 machines.

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Return to “In-Box reviews”