1/72 Bedford refueller kit.

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Gregers
Forum founder

1/72 Bedford refueller kit.

Post by Gregers »

Something that will go well with the new Airfix set is a fairly recent release by Hobbymaster. They have a Bedford refueller in 1/72 in their diecast range and they have now tooled it as a mainly plastic kit and it is in 1/72 not 1/76 like the Airfix refueller set. I have both at work and I will get them photographed together to show the size difference. Here's a link to show what you get. I will try and pics posted soon.

http://hobbymastercollector.com/HMK101.html;

Available at:-
http://www.diecastmilitarymodels.co.uk/;

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
LarryH57
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Re: 1/72 Bedford refueller kit.

Post by LarryH57 »

A great find!

I see they are post war versions with refuelling booms, so RAF blue and yellow is correct. I wonder if they would do a 1/72 scale Albion refuelling truck or even a Fordson N tractor used for pulling an oil bowser (as in the Airfix kit) as both were very common on Battle of Britain fighter stations. The Bedford QL dates from 1941 and the new Airfix David Brown tractor was mostly seen on Bomber bases as it had a greater pulling power for bomb trailers.
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Hi Larry.
I work for the UK importers of these and I will pass on your suggestions. Oxford do a David Brown tractor in RAF blue but it is 1/76 if I remember correctly but I think they may do different ones.
Sorry about the late reply btw.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
LarryH57
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by LarryH57 »

Don't forget that RAF blue was a pre-war colour that disappeared on RAF airfields with the threat from the Luftwaffe in the BoB and also got changed on the production line by August 1941. Its better for any wartime vehicles to be in camo.

Return to “In-Box reviews”