Lancaster BII

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Gregers
Forum founder

Lancaster BII

Post by Gregers »

Well. What for some is the kit of the year, or even the decade for that matter is in my grubby little paws. And what a beauty it is. Looking at the parts breakdown when Airfix box the B1/BIII just about every main Lancaster variant should be build able. The clear sprue has the H2S bulge and also a MAJOR bonus, The later twin .50 cal rear turret is on there too. Both sizes of bomb aimers blister and both types of bomb aimers window. Pics to follow.

All the best.

Greg.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Lancaster BII

Post by MarkyM607 »

Have to agree it looks a cracking kit. I got quite excited about building it just by looking through the instructions!! :grin: . Have started construction after trying not to rush the TSR2 in Lancaster scheme to get this one on the workbench.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Just got mine today.

I note the sprue for the engines, props, etc, doesn't actually fit in the box easily and I wonder if some folks might see warpage or breakage over time ....

You do not get bombs -- you are asked to buy the (also) new Bomber Re-Supply Set if you want bombs.

I haven't pulled it out of the bags yet or looked in detail, but it seems quite nice. However, I still hate the new instructions. I do see very clunky bomb fins (in Re-Supply Set), begging for replacement.

I did a photo run on the B.III (Special), might do one on the B.II also or maybe just what I assume are the differences.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Bit miffed with the absence of bombs and so on myself!. Luckily I have some from the BI/III kit I used to make a Manchester! :grin:
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I'll not do a full photo-shoot of the new B.II -- only one sprue is different, sprue-F, replacing sprue-E in the B.III kit. Note the little belly turret.

Here it is, laying in the bottom of the box to show how tight a fit it is. It actually does fit, but not when in the baggie enclosing all the parts, that's when it has to bend a bit to make it in.

Decals for two aircraft (I forgot to photo them, sorry). Looks as good as the B.III, cannot wait to get my bench cleared away for both and the Re-Supply Set ....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Got to the end of page 2, fuselage together and wheel bay frames in. After the detail bits that went inside and these frames I almost feel like I'm building a real Lanc!!. :grin:

Return to “In-Box reviews”