Ark Models 1/48 Yak 7-B

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Titan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Ark Models 1/48 Yak 7-B

Post by Titan »

This kit, as do the other two I have purchased recently have the air of ICM about them and if true then obviously Ark have acquired the tooling of these kits.

Detail is good in places but a bit on the soft side in others and there are no locating pins so you know this is going to be a short run kit which isn't necessarily a bad thing just something to be mindful of.

Of the three kits this one had the most flash though most of this was actually on the sprues themselves and not on the parts...though I did say mostly.

I can't say what the decals will be like as I have never used any from this company before but will have to see how they react once dipped into water....there are not many of them so easy to replace should they misbehave.

The canopy is a one piece but clear affair so if you want to show it open then you will have to whip out the saw or source a vacform replacement.

The instructions are a typical photocopied B/W guide but they are easy enough to follow.

I have made a few of this type of kit now so I can't see it being much of a problem to build, maybe a bit different if you have never made one before and to be honest I probably would not attempt one unless I had built a few kits anyhow.
We will see if I change my mind after I have built one of them....:-D :-D :-D

Regards
Mark

Regards
Mark
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Ark Models 1/48 Yak 7-B

Post by Stuart »

Hey Mark,

wow thats wierd, I've just brought this the their Mig-3! shame I didn't see this first! Mind you, from your shots I'd say its not too bad - hopefully not too much of a challange. How does the Mig compare?

Regards

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Titan

Post by Titan »

Sorry just seen this Stuart.
The Mig is much the same as this kit in terms of detail and it has much less flash on it, the canopy is three piece and not all in one as I first described so it can be posed open.
I have now seen a few of these kits built on the net and I don't think they are going to pose much problem in building them.
Filling and sanding goes with the territory when it comes to limited/short run kits but these seem to be ok in that department.

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Mark,

I have to say it doesn't look too bad from the pics - I'm looking forward to having a go!

Regards

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Chris

Post by Chris »

Does indeed look like an ICM kit which is not a bad thing, I happen to be a fan of them.
Honcho of ASMMF
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

It looks pretty good. I've just built their Hurricane I, which seems to have been slated by everyone, but it went together with hardly a touch of filler and looks fine. I'll look out for more ARC kits at the shows.
So many models, so little time.

Return to “In-Box reviews”