Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: (Re)introduce Yourself

Post by montessa315 »

Thanks John.

Alan............
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

HI Guys ! A belated Happy NEW YEAR to you all, I have been inactive for quite a while due to illness, (a bit of a brain shut down)
I am pleased to say that I am now well and hope to be starting some building very soon, I have an English Electric Lighting 1/48 Airfix, that I am going to start this week. Also I have been given a number of 1/35 scale vehicle's by trumpeter and dragon , not sure if I will build those or sell them, I haven't built many tanks etc. so I might try one just for the fun of it. I have to sort out a site for posting my photos as I am having trouble with photo bucket. I am so pleased to be back and hope to have some work on site soon , I also look forward to catching up with what's been going on while I have been away.

Take care guys, and keep building.
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Hi Ron and welcome back. Glad you are on the mend.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Hey, Ron, welcome back !! Everyone has trouble with Photobucket it appears and once you've solved it, they change it again.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Nice to see you back on the forum Ron and glad to hear you're felling better :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

How could I forget the Ronbow!?!. Try the 1/35 stuff, I'm building my first ever (in thirty years of modelling), 1/35th tank. It's almost like discovering something for the first time when you're little!. (If that makes sense).
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

Thanks guys it's good to be back, just started the Lightning hope to post a thread soon.
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
sandfix
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by sandfix »

Hello, I've just recently returned a few months ago to building models and have built a few since then. Name is Robert and not sandfix though. Originally from Glasgow but living in Bucks, England.
My modelling will never be up to the standard of some of you on here as my eyes ( and ears) are not exactly 20/20, so if I post its not for "judgement" but because I enjoy making my models although they're far from exhibition standard.
I enjoy looking at what others have done and some of the "tips" on here.
I remember my favourite model many years ago was the ship Canberra....but it doesnt seem to be available anymore, though I;ve enjoyed putting together the Revell "Queen Mary" ( built in Glasgow my home town ).
Main problem is where to put all the models ? LOL
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Welcome back, sandfix, Robert.
You can wean people off your userid by making a 'Robert' signature for all your posts; you can do the in your User Control Panel.
The Great Auk

Post by The Great Auk »

Hello!

I've been lurking (mostly in Workbench Window) for a very long time and mightily enjoying it too.

The talent and skill displayed by everyone is amazing and rather daunting.

Since I have little shame, I'll be posting some of my models. While they may not be very good, they might at least get people thinking or perhaps challenge their sanity. Either way, I hope I can at least add a little to repay all of you for the endless hours I've whiled away here. I'm very chuffed to be among such an august group of enthusiasts!

The Great Auk
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Hey matey, welcome to the wider world!!. :grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

The Great Auk wrote:Hello!

I've been lurking (mostly in Workbench Window) for a very long time and mightily enjoying it too.

The talent and skill displayed by everyone is amazing and rather daunting.

Since I have little shame, I'll be posting some of my models. While they may not be very good, they might at least get people thinking or perhaps challenge their sanity. Either way, I hope I can at least add a little to repay all of you for the endless hours I've whiled away here. I'm very chuffed to be among such an august group of enthusiasts!

The Great Auk
it's 'Puffin' good to meet you Auk, Welcome aboard me ol' Razorbill, p'p' pick up a Penguin and join in... (or something like that :-D )

Sorry i confused myself there... :roll:

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Welcome aboard Auk. Enjoy the stay.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Welcome aboard !
ftybr
starter kit

Post by ftybr »

Hi ya, my name is Steve, I am from Kirkby in Ashfield, which is near Mansfield in Nottinghamshire. Always loved all things Military from an early age. Had lots of toy soldiers from the 1/72 to 1/32, thousands when I was younger. (46 now.) First ever model was a Lanc brilliantly put together and painted by a friend of my Fathers who had just left the navy. It hung in my bedroom until shot down by Dresden flak around my 15th birthday. No matter how hard I tried I could not put it back together.
I suppose it's a mid-life thing, but my Wife's (My 3rd) Mum and Dad asked me a few years ago what I wanted for Xmas. Airfix had just re-released the Battle of Waterloo set... "That!" I said. God knows what they must have thought?
I still haven't finished it. Done the farmhouse, ebay'ed lots of different figures, but never got round to finishing it. Perhaps this will push me along. Although looking at some of the stuff on here, mine will be nowhere near as professonal.
I've just (tried) to post my first diorama effort, a World War 1 German trench in 1/72 and I have plans for others, given the time.
Thank you. (This is like an AA meeting, not that I would know what they are like of course!! LOL ),

Return to “Welcome!”