Hello!

Labrador
starter kit

Hello!

Post by Labrador »

What ho!

I expect I'm the n'th person to tip up and say "I made an airfix kit for the first time since I was a little boy, and since then..."

Haha. All good fun isn't it. I don't remember having to buy so many different solvents and glues and varnishes way back when, but whatever.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: Hello!

Post by beany »

Welcome to the forum Labrador. So, do tell then, which kit have you re-entered the plastic torturing arena with?! One of the older moulds in a flashy new box or a brand spanking new one with all the bells and whistles that we only dreamed about as kids?

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy sharing your return to model making with us :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Labrador
starter kit

Post by Labrador »

I've done a few now actually, all in 1:72 because that's the size of model airplanes, right? Also because they take up quite a bit of shelf space, and I'm remembering the dubious delights of dusting airfix kits... I did the new 109's and 190, and the old BV141 and Typhoon kits. I like all the detail you get with the new kits, but was a nice trip down memory lane making the old ones again.

Then I decided to make a Special Hobby kit, having read about the photoetch and resin bits, so did the Ju 87 and Tempest Mk II. These were less than enjoyable to build... However they made some really super models. Now I'm working on a Hawker Hurricane and an Academy kit of the Me 262.

I'll put some photos up at some point if I can figure out how.

Return to “Welcome!”