Another new member saying hello!

RudiB
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Another new member saying hello!

Post by RudiB »

Hello all,
I've had a look round the site and decided to join and share some if my builds with you, although I have to say some of the models are outstanding!
I'll be sharing some of my past builds as well as my current build shortly, I mainly build early British military jets, but have a few prop driven planes as well, I build in 1/72 scale.

I already have a few questions to open with, they are:
-which is the best filler to use on models?
-what kind of varnish / lacquer would people recommend to give models a shiny finish?
- how do you avoid brush lines on large painted areas? As I don't have an airbrush and mainly use spray paint for larger areas at present.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all
Rudi
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Re: Another new member saying hello!

Post by jssel »

Hi Rudi and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here. Your questions are good and rather than trying to answer them in this space let me refer you to the Construction and Finishing threads found on the Board Index. Lots of good advise there.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your efforts.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Another new member saying hello!

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard !
To best answer your questions, we might want to know more about what you do/use now - for example, enamel or acrylic paints and what brand(s). All that might be best done in the Modelling Techniques forums as Jeff suggests.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Welcome!”