Another Canadian Hi!

59North
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Another Canadian Hi!

Post by 59North »

I've been lurking quite enough, and thought I'd better place my first post here in the introductions.
Like you, I'm a modeller. I will try and put together anything: aircraft, armor, trains and ships. Most recently, I've been attempting
figure modelling, more in the small scales like 1/48-1/32.
Odd that I hadn't noticed this forum before the fall of last year. I was looking for a forum I could like; a non-pressured place I could be accepted for the work I do and visually understand the fine work of others; and a forum that was frequently visited by fellow modellers worldwide. Forums are the only arena that my models will ever be seen, as with most of us, for we are a quiet lot.

Most of my finished models are given to my grandchildren, and subsequently destroyed during their play. If I can ever build a nice one though, it will be put under glass. I'm hoping I can can build that great one with you all in these forums.

GB
iggie

Re: Another Canadian Hi!

Post by iggie »

Welcome to the madhouse!
Looking forward to seeing your work
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard !!
You should at least photo your models before handed over to your grandchildren so we can see -- in fact photos of grandchildren at play with them would remind many of us of our early models !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Arcwelder

Post by Arcwelder »

Welcome!
This place is close to perfect: it's friendly, funny, supportive and there are modellers of all shapes, sizes and abilities. Including some bloody geniuses.
Is this your sanderling?.

2016: A:40 B:12
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Welcome to the UAMF. Looking forward to seeing your builds :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Welcome to the forum GB. Enjoy your stay here. 59 N puts you up there in the cold right now. :)
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
59North

Post by 59North »

jssel wrote:59 N puts you up there in the cold right now. :)
Which means I either make models or make kids. :-| I think I'll get modelling.
jRatz wrote:You should at least photo your models before handed over to your grandchildren so we can see -- in fact photos of grandchildren at play with them would remind many of us of our early models !
I promise I'll do both of those for you as my models get built. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about opening my own window in these forums.

And thanks for the welcome posts to all. It makes one feel very good when coming onto new ground.
GB

Return to “Welcome!”