welcome

propmodellerX15
starter kit

welcome

Post by propmodellerX15 »

My name is Bert Selier, born in the Netherlands and a retired A/P Maintenance Controller.
I have been working 40 years with Transavia Airlines. I had been thinking what to do when I retire. When I found a copy of FineScale Modeler in a bookshop (February 1990 issue) with an article about filling cabin windows for an Airliner. It has been after reading that article I became hooked, and began building model airplanes when I was about 47. And have been modeling ever since. The first, plane (helicopter) I built was the Alloutte 3 because I did work on it during my time in the Air Force (mandatory at that time in the Netherlands). Then I became a member of the Dutch IPMS, and a couple of years later a member from the SIG Airliners and Civil Aviation group. Our group produces Airliners and other airplane’s which have been civil registered, for example several NASA airplanes are civil registered, you may think about race planes, fire bombers. I am also interested in experimental and reconnaissance aircraft.
Our group does have a meeting every two months at different locations, mostly a modelers shop, who are willing to have us, and organizes some tables and put the date and time on their Internet site. The group take their models finished or not, and show them on the tables. We will discuss our models and the problems we have had, and we talk about to make a decision for the special theme for the Nationals, a contest once a year. Besides this we organize small trips for airplane spotting along a runway in use at that location. One of our members searches the Internet and sends us regularly new airplane and decals made by different manufacturers.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: welcome

Post by iggie »

Hi Bert and welcome to the forum!
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work soon, as will a lot of others on here.

Interestingly, your comments about your local model shop letting you meet there and display your work at meetings is something that I have witnessed in Italy, where the model shop I found in Perugia in fact has a coffee shop in it, a huge Scalextrix circuit (bring your own cars and race for free against other customers/friends etc.), and an out-door R/C car track as well.
Compare this to model shops in the UK that (in my experience anyway) barely have room for the stock they try to sell, and that are treated a little more like 'Adult' shops than centres for social interaction (No smutty thoughts there please.... :roll: ) :shock:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Welcome to the forum Bert. Hope you enjoy it here :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard, Bert !
We'd be happy to see some of your work and your club meetings
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

Hi Bert! Welcome to the site . I look forward to seeing your work.
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

Welcome Bert. I would dearly love to do more airliner and civil builds but I do find that my talents (what there are of them) seem to run out when it comes to airliners.

I have fond memories of Transavia Caravelles and 707s visiting Dublin Airport in the 1970s.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Welcome Bert. Enjoy the stay.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale

Return to “Welcome!”