New Member Here!

in2tech
Series 3 and Beyond

New Member Here!

Post by in2tech »

Well as most people that just work on plastic model's once in awhile. I found the Monogram 1:48 Devastator TBD-1 from a long time ago and lost the instructions to them. Strange cause I am so OCD about stuff like that! And also remembered there was the Revell U.S.S. Forrestal CV-59 1:48 I think around too so brought both of them out and took a look at them. Which than made me start searching for the instructions for the Devastator, found them btw, and also I had been lurking on a plastic model YouTube channel for month's, maybe even a year.

So started looking at what I want to build brand new that was super cheap and came across the Airfix 1:72 North American P-51D at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon, so a little over USD 6 dollar's! Watched a million YouTube video's of it and other 1:72 Airfix kit's and build's and bought the Airfix Mustang I have. I hate painting at this point and had some left over Krylon taupe spray paint so apparently I am going with a complete desert look, or is it dessert? Too lazy to check. Just want to spray paint it, trying to convince myself to use the cheap Testor's paint I bought too for adding color. So think of my project for just simple enjoyment and that's pretty much it at this point. Will I finish it, I have no idea. Will I finish any of them, I have no idea!

I thought it was going to be done in a day, right, well you can forget that! I have read the instructions over and over again, and each time I notice something I missed, so I am trying to take my time, not sure how ling this will last, and although it might just be one color, it just might look like a model of something!

Main thing is I am enjoying it and also now I am constantly looking for other Airfix model's, like the price of 1:72 and space too! I just have ti see if I can actually finish one, or in my mind finish it! Be aware we are talking super simple here! So don't expect much.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: New Member Here!

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard !
You might consider a Workbench thread, post some progress - that might enable us to offer some hints & tips. We've al been there one time or another.
Again, welcome and enjoy yourself.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
montessa315
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by montessa315 »

Welcome aboard in2tech.
We all had to start somewhere. You will find his forum one of the most friendly and helpful places out there.
The main thing is to enjoy what you are doing.
We've all got unfinished models at somewhere.

Alan.........

Post by iggie »

Welcome!

As suggested, start yourself a workbench thread and show us how you are getting on; advice will be forthcoming if asked for!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
dayzofspeed
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by dayzofspeed »

welcome along in2tech....i'm new here myself but can vouch for these guys friendliness and willingness to help...whatever you do just enjoy doing it
I stared a century thinking this will never change
As I hesitated, time rushed onwards without me
Too scared to break the spell, too small to take a fall
But the absolute luck is, love is in our hearts!

Lyrics By P. Weller
in2tech
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by in2tech »

By Workbench thread I am guessing you mean in the Aviation Modeling area, or where it is appropriate? And almost sure the Forrestal is 1:542, too lazy too look in the attic right now! I have YouTube video's of my beginning progress, which is say beginner at best. But once again I am enjoying it.

And Thanks for the warm Welcome everyone! I'll get that thread going in Aviation Modeling :)
iggie

Post by iggie »

you'll find the workbench window here: http://uamf.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=14

Click on 'new topic' and give your new thread a suitable title (bonus points for originality!) and away you go :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
in2tech
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by in2tech »

Well I posted in the wrong place apparently? I guess as I posted it in Aviation Modeling, can someone move it or what? I'm confused now! After looking around some more it seem's maybe I did it right. The thread I made in Aviation Modeling is for a specific model, like other's in there, and the Workbench area is for all thing's you work on. Which should also mean I can put my N Scale train buildings and such in the Workbench area.

Am I right? I hope so!
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

in2tech wrote:Well I posted in the wrong place apparently? I guess as I posted it in Aviation Modeling, can someone move it or what? I'm confused now! After looking around some more it seem's maybe I did it right. The thread I made in Aviation Modeling is for a specific model, like other's in there, and the Workbench area is for all thing's you work on. Which should also mean I can put my N Scale train buildings and such in the Workbench area.

Am I right? I hope so!
Don't worry, we'll let you know if you do something really wrong :) Other than that, work where you are most comfortable.

We have several places to "hang out" and build models - pick the one you are most comfortable in and it's OK if it's more than one or if you change from time to time..

Many members keep a running Workbench Window thread. For some it's their main home and they may post pix of the completed model over in Aviation, Ships, etc. If they are in a Group Build, they might do the bulk of their work in the GB but also note some progress in their workbench, or not. Or they may build a specific project in Aviation, Ships, etc with reports on their Workbench, or not.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Welcome!”