Hello there

guldan01
Getting well comfy!

Hello there

Post by guldan01 »

Hello there. I just joined the Unofficial Airfix Modellers' Forum and would like to say hello :wanw to everone present.
I live in Belgium, and am interested in scale modeling as long as I can remember.
My interest goes to 1/72 scale aircraft ( with a crush for East-European kits ) and armor. I especially like the older kits, mainly because of the amount of work needed to build them.
I try to finsh my models using painting and weathering techniques I read about in modeling magazines and forums.
Gregers
Forum founder

Re: Hello there

Post by Gregers »

Hello and welcome to what is probably the most friendly modelling forum on the net.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Hi and welcome to the forum; look forward to seeing some of your work and also hearing what you think of everyone else's too
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Hello and welcome. Enjoy your stay
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Post by Crashpilot »

guldan01 wrote: My interest goes to 1/72 scale aircraft ( with a crush for East-European kits ) and armor. I especially like the older kits, mainly because of the amount of work needed to build them.
I´m into 72 winged east-european kits, too. Which you mean? I like a lot of those cold war eastern bloc kind from Poland, or East Germany, ZTS Plastyk, or VEB Plasticart, for example.
I still have a started ZTS Plastyk Il-2 Sturmovik to finish. It needs some work to do, but it´s not a bad kit!
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish

Return to “Welcome!”