Greetings from Connecticut

pmmaker
Active Participant

Greetings from Connecticut

Post by pmmaker »

Greetings everyone! My screen name is pmmaker (plastic model maker) and I hail from northern Connecticut in a small town (Somers) near the Massachusetts border. For the past few years I have been an active member on several die-cast forums, but this will be my first experience on a dedicated plastic kit based forum. I'm happy to be here and I hope to be an active member.

I have been building plastic kits for most of my 59 years. I started when I was 8, took a needed break in the late 80s and 90s, and rediscovered the joy of building in 2009. I've built planes, spacecraft, ships, and armour. Today my area of focus is aviation from WWI up to the end of WWII. I build only in 72nd scale except for my WWI kits which do go into 48th scale. I also dabble in building (and rigging) wind-driven sailing ships.

I consider myself a recreational builder who builds for fun rather than total accuracy and professional quality. Therefore, I tend to buy (and build) old and new kits from Airfix, Revell (both classic US and the new German kits), Hasegawa, Tamiya, Frog, SMER, Novo and Monogram. I occasionally get a more obscure kit if the mood strikes me - I've got a LS Nell bomber in the pipeline.

I'll be scouring the forum for a few weeks and when I'm comfortable, I'll share some of my builds. Until then, best wishes to all.

pmmaker
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad"
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Greetings from Connecticut

Post by Stuart »

Welcome to the UAMF pmm - I'm sure you'll fit right in here.

Looking forward to seeing your builds, but don't worry about waiting - feel free to get stuck in!

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Welcome to our playpen. Sounds like you will fit right in here. We're a friendly bunch and don't bite. I'm interested in diecasts too and work for the UK Hobbymaster importer. I occasionally dabble in diecast restoration.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay. Very nice intro.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
pmmaker
Active Participant

Post by pmmaker »

Thank you for the welcome gentlemen. I'll post more once I get better acquainted with things here. I do have a good stash - about 150 models that I'm trying to whittle down a bit. I tend to build in short increments over longer periods of time. I've got a lot of post and thread reading to do over the next few weeks it seems.

pmmaker
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Welcome aboard pmmaker; hope you enjoy your time on the forum and look forward to seeing some of your builds, and your thoughts on other's builds
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
DavidWomby
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by DavidWomby »

Welcome to our corner of the web.

David
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard and thanks for the good introduction.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
coptermech
Active Participant

Post by coptermech »

Welcome, and glad to see a fellow native from Connecticut. I'm down in Trumbull.
Regards, Tony

Current Projects: Revell 1/48 F-15C, Hobby Boss 1/72 F-22 Raptor, Hasegawa 1/32 F-5E
VMA131Marine
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by VMA131Marine »

Welcome from another fellow nutmegger. I'm in Middlefield and regularly go to two of the local IPMS club meetings: IPMS Central Connecticut, which meets in Glastonbury; and IPMS Stratford (Igor Sikorsky chapter), which actually meets in Milford at the moment.
WIP Hasegawa 1/72 Yak-3, Hasegawa 1/72 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24, Hasegawa 1/72 J2M3 Raiden, Hasegawa 1/72 Mosquito NF.2, Airfix 1/48 Mosquito NF.30
Last kit completed: Hasegawa 1/72 Yakovlev Yak-3
pmmaker
Active Participant

Post by pmmaker »

Hello my fellow Connecticut Yankees! Seems that between the three of us we've got the state covered. I too have been to those IPMS shows in the past VMA131Marine. Today I don't get around to them like I used to but when I can I do go. I still enjoy seeing models built by builders who are much better at this than I am.

pmmaker

Return to “Welcome!”