(Re)introduce Yourself

Chuck E
Established 1949

Re: (Re)introduce Yourself

Post by Chuck E »

Hi folks. Just doing the reintroduction bit.

I'm Ian Rutland from Darlington, England aka Chuck E on the boards. Modelling is a big hobby of mine and has been since my first kit back in 1956. It was the Airfix HMS Victory. I like music too and play in various bands. Here is a pic of me at the Americana event, standing next to my dream car. Still dreaming, as this is someone else's Impala. I still have the old Corgi model though. Married for 36 years with 3 kids. Youngest boy is in the Royal Navy. No other modellers in the family though.

Another aspect of my hobby. Guitar, Guinness and Harmonicas.

I also work as a sound man at numerous gigs and the CDs on the shelf are all from people I've worked with. There are some good artistes on there. I also write a lot and read an awful lot. The house if full of books.

Doing my thing behind a guitar.

You can find more of my models here as well as other stuff all in sets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23594891@N07/sets/;
So many models, so little time.
hypostomus
Getting well comfy!

Post by hypostomus »

Hello all, I'm Hypostomus, aka Chris Fairhurst. I'm 38, single, and live in a nicely rural village just outside of Halifax, West Yorkshire. In real life I work with plants at a garden centre, play guitar in a mediocre fashion, listen to Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy and Jimi Hendrix obsessively, breed tropical fish and torture plastic model kits. I'm also into old computers, mainly the Spectrum but the Vic 20 and Atari 2600 get a look in occasionally. That's it really - my exciting life in a nutshell.
smethwick
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by smethwick »

Hi , I am Tony (username Smethwick)...

I started doing kits when i was a nipper and after a long gap started again after i left the Army..i was a member on the other board.

I like GB's but do not finish all of them :grin: , i love Blitzin'...all kits are fair game..Richard Tracey to Armour , planes etc..

I am really looking forward to the Captain Scarlet kits coming out and also the reissue of the yeoman and trumpeter all of which i did when i was a kid..
An ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.
Elbert Hubbard
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Chris wrote: No Rommel's rod or red baron?

For shame! ;-)
I remember Rommel's Rod and I believe its been re-released not so long ago. I was at show last month and there were 4 throughout the show. I thought about getting one but that thought only last a few minutes :-D
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Chris

Post by Chris »

Dirkpitt289 wrote:

For shame! ;-)
I remember Rommel's Rod and I believe its been re-released not so long ago. I was at show last month and there were 4 throughout the show. I thought about getting one but that thought only last a few minutes :-D
Somethings are better left in the 70s..like jimmy carter for example!
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Chris wrote:
Dirkpitt289 wrote:

For shame! ;-)
Somethings are better left in the 70s..like jimmy carter for example!
:lol:
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
bobblelink
Active Participant

Post by bobblelink »

Hi Ian From Enfield again: I have set up this id as I am having problems logging in when away from home as czartank- so until I sort those out I will be appearing under this name from time to time
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Martin R »

Hi all,

Martin Rosa here (aka Martin R, ex-Mike Romeo). I changed my moniker because it was confusing people. I have made 1/72 aircraft kits for as long as I can remember, although there have been some fallow modelling periods.

I came across uamf and britmodeller sometime in 2009, soon after we bought a home computer, and I am a member of both forums. My recent period of active modelling has dated since the early noughties, but increased impetus was gained by membership, so thanks for that!

I live in South Hampshire with my wife and 2 young children, so spare time is somewhat hard to come by. In addition, we have only just moved to our current house and there's a fair bit to be done to it, so I am going to have even less time than usual. Hence I may be a bit of an infrequent builder and poster in the near future. I have a number of unfinished builds pending, including a MB Wellington XIV, originally as part of the SKGB, an Italeri A-26 Invader (fits where it touches), and an Airfix F-5E Aggressor (a rare foray into jets for me).

I am an Aeronautical Engineer by inclination, education and profession and, although I am absolutely interested in the full-size beasts, I actually prefer the smaller plastic variety. Go figure! I also tend to leave the pointy jets to other folk; my usual theme is WWII aircraft.

Family, work and modelling take up most of my time, but I also enjoy skiing, running, gardening and reading.

regards,

Martin
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Hi Martin, welcome aboard under your new name !!!
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Hi Martin - whereabouts in Hants are you? I'm a Portsmouth lad :shock: but brought up in Gosport and Fareham. :grin:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

sebastienne1 wrote:Greetings from Sebastienne, although I quietly stuffed up the registration and so am now Sebastienne 1. I am a very, very slow modeller but hope to have a spitfire finished soon for your perusal. Slowness due to work and motherhood taking up a surprisingly large amount of time - and a proposed house move on the cards- don't move house, like EVER, it totally gets in the way of modelling - I had my paints just how I wanted them...fortunately due to being so slow there's a stash of, er, one, to transport...

Greetings again, Sebastienne.
Back in the day, 'twas my mother, rather than father, who got me into modelling. My mum was fascinated by the 1/12 figures and, whilst the gloss pink faces never interested me, her detail painting of the clothing did. However, when mum got stuck into those classic Airfix sailing ships, I got really interested.
Do your kids show any interest?

Regards,
Bruce
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

jRatz wrote:Hi Martin, welcome aboard under your new name !!!
Hey John, nice to be here!

PaulBradley wrote:whereabouts in Hants are you? I'm a Portsmouth lad but brought up in Gosport and Fareham.
Paul,

15 minutes walk West of Fareham town centre!

Looking forward to the Firefly book, by the way (it took me a while to cotton on why you were plugging it, but I've since worked it out). :oops:

regards,

Martin
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Martin R wrote:
jRatz wrote:Hi Martin, welcome aboard under your new name !!!
Hey John, nice to be here!

PaulBradley wrote:whereabouts in Hants are you? I'm a Portsmouth lad but brought up in Gosport and Fareham.
Paul,

15 minutes walk West of Fareham town centre!

Looking forward to the Firefly book, by the way (it took me a while to cotton on why you were plugging it, but I've since worked it out). :oops:

regards,

Martin
Huh, my parents still live off Gudge Heath Lane. Small world, eh? :grin:

The book (shameless plug...) will be out before Telford - at least, that's the plan.... ;-)
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

PaulBradley wrote: Huh, my parents still live off Gudge Heath Lane.
I passed Gudge Heath Lane this morning as I headed off to B&Q in Titchfield!

PaulBradley wrote: Small world, eh? :grin:
Certainly is, but I still wouldn't like to have to paint it! :ha:
PDMO
Getting well comfy!

Post by PDMO »

Hello all, my names Paul , i'm 48 ,a carpenter/joiner by trade and from jolly old south London. I got back into the idea of modelling again a few years ago after going to various military and air shows with my son and seeing all the kit sellers displaying their tempting wares (oooer).
I hadn't touched a kit since my late teens so easily fell prey to the pretty pictures and shiny plastic and eventually left one show with two bin liners full, all for my son of course.Been buying more of all types ever since.
In between fishing and work i'm still painting 1/72 soldiers ,tanks ,buildings etc for him (he lives with his mum so i make, he plays) and its thanks to sites like this i've been able to catch up and gather plenty of info to make it a pleasure.
all the best,Paul.

Return to “Welcome!”