(Re)introduce Yourself

Jackaroo Tim
starter kit

Re: (Re)introduce Yourself

Post by Jackaroo Tim »

Thanks iggie, I'll plan on getting some pics up soon...Perhaps some of the Star Wars stuff I've been doing recently after being reinvigorated by Episode VII.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard, Tim. I think you'll find some discussion of those kits here. I'd like to get the MF at least, but have way more than I can handle already.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Hi Tim. About 15 years ago when I lived over there, I had to pop down to Adelaide from Brisbane (where I was based) to run a short course. It was 32 degrees when I got on the plane in Brisbane, and about 15 degrees when I got off the plane in Adelaide, so I headed straight into town and bought myself a jacket - why does no one tell us pommies these things?!
A warm welcome to the forum mate, hope you enjoy your time here.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
beany

Post by beany »

Dirkpitt289 wrote:Hi guys, I've been away from the forum for the better part of 2015 and a lot of new people have joined since then so I figured why not (re)introduce myself to those new members.

My name is Dirk Pitt (yes like the character from the Clive Cussler novels) I started here at UAMF back when they still had the OLD forum and was quick to jump here when this one was formed. When I restarted the hobby 7 years ago I did almost strictly aircraft. My stash is filled with tons and tons of aircraft kits that I will never build even if I was to strictly build aircraft. To compound this issue I've drifted away from aircraft to other things. I wouldn't pigeonhole myself to any one section of modeling. I now build lots of cars, scifi, and figures. I like to think I am willing to do it all.

Way back when in the olden days (haha) I use to post on all kinds of forums some of which were specific to certain subjects. Now I find myself more into making and posting videos to youtube. Other then youtube this is only one of two forums I try to post to regularly. That is attributed to the people here. They are fantastic in their knowledge and support. They also don't rule you the death.

So to all you new people here I look forward to seeing your builds and maybe join into a group build or two (I'm looking forward to the swept wing GB).

Till next time....

B - Strong

Dirk
Dirk - sorry, I missed your post somehow - welcome back mate, very good to have you back with us again. :beer:

Cheers
Al.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Thanks Al, Its good to be back
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Jackaroo Tim
starter kit

Post by Jackaroo Tim »

jRatz wrote:Welcome aboard, Tim. I think you'll find some discussion of those kits here. I'd like to get the MF at least, but have way more than I can handle already.
Thanks for the welcome John...I'm finding the forum great and I confess to having too many Star Wars kits in the cupboard. I'll keep pluggin away and get thim finished though.
cheers.
Jackaroo Tim
starter kit

Post by Jackaroo Tim »

beany wrote:Hi Tim. About 15 years ago when I lived over there, I had to pop down to Adelaide from Brisbane (where I was based) to run a short course. It was 32 degrees when I got on the plane in Brisbane, and about 15 degrees when I got off the plane in Adelaide, so I headed straight into town and bought myself a jacket - why does no one tell us pommies these things?!
A warm welcome to the forum mate, hope you enjoy your time here.

Cheers
Al.
Hi Al,
After 15 years Down Under you would fit in nicely to the lifestyle and weather we Colonials endure. This summer has seen some crackers hitting 40c+ and virtually no rain. They're saying this is the driest summer on record.
Today was perfect beach weather...low 30's c except that work became a pesky but necessary roadblock to an otherwise great day.
Thanks for the welcome and look forward to reading and participating.
cheers.
T
dornair
starter kit

Post by dornair »

Hello guys and girls,

At the age of 3, I heard something flying over me. It must have been a Thunderjet, -streak, or -flash, or a trainer that was used by the Dutch Air Force (RNLAF or KLu) at that time. My avatar shows me, running after that jet.
My first two trips in a plane took place in a Fokker Friendship in 1968 (Eindhoven - Maastricht; as a present for my 16th birthday). In 1975 a KA-13 glider took me up and down within 5 minutes.
When I was in military service “for my number” in the KLu, I saw F-5s and Starfighters take off. Very impressive. I then bought my first models like an F-5, F104G, Chinook, Alouette III and Spitfire. Since then, I am hooked.
And the rest of my story? You will see that in my pictures.

But now that I recently was introduced to your forum and saw your fantastic work, I realise that I could do much better than up to now. So, in order to prepare for my retirement from paid work in July 2018, I am now trying to improve my modelling skills.
I trust that I can learn a lot from you all…

Thanks!

Johan
A modeller's best and most severe critic is his camera.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Welcome to the UAMF Johan! What a great intro - looking forward to seeing your builds!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Welcome aboard Johan!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Welcome aboard, Johan !
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Welcome, Johan!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
beany

Post by beany »

Welcome to the forum Johan.
Spaceowl
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Spaceowl »

I've been out of the loop for too long...can't say why, but North Korean Cyberbears were involved...and I've finally started sticking plastic back together.
I am Rob (or Bob, I really don't mind), and like Old Tonto, I'm a modeller from Middlesbrough (that's the UK Flint, Michigan for our US readers). I'm 51 years old and used to be quite active on the old site. It's a bit too early in my latest modelling career to say what my current projects are going to be, for the moment I'm just happy to put old models together after a long day (actually 3.00pm - 10.30pm) crunching numbers for PPI redress at the bank.
I live with an Argentinian Shouting Parrot, the Spaceowl of my username. See my Avatar.
It's great to be back.
Overhead a rainbow appears...in black and white.

Current Projects:
Aircraft of VMA-542, USMC
Peru-Ecuador War 1995
THK 1939-2023
Polish Air Force 1939
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

And great to have you back !! Settle in, enjoy !

Return to “Welcome!”