The Rat becomes TheRat

TheRat
Series 3 and Beyond

The Rat becomes TheRat

Post by TheRat »

Hello all, I had some problems logging in to the new system but they seem to have been worked out thanks to Steve 'flakmonkey' Barry. Since I had to change names to do that I left the space out. I hope you're all in awe of such creative thinking. :roll: :ha:

The Folland Gnat drone I was working on is finished, but I won't be posting pics until the impacting Sidewinder is done, shouldn't be long. And the kitsmash between the Hobbycraft CF-100 and Airfix U-2 is proceeding slowly but surely, the Hc kit is a horrid bit of plastic that is hampering the 'enjoyment' part of the process.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Re: The Rat becomes TheRat

Post by splash »

How is the naval swift doing?

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Oh I'd forgotten about the Gnat. Look forward to seeing it and how you did the impact.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
TheRat
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by TheRat »

splash wrote:How is the naval swift doing?

Regards
Splash
Slow, but she's still on the bench. The Airfix U-2 which donated its wings to the CF-100 has also been gracious enough to donate its airbrakes to the Swift, but I'm not looking forward to all the cutting that will be required to get them in. That plastic is very thick and very hard.
TheRat
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by TheRat »

JamesPerrin wrote:Oh I'd forgotten about the Gnat. Look forward to seeing it and how you did the impact.
I haven't tried to reproduce skin buckling and an explosion, just a millisecond after impact so it will just be the nose stuck in. Here's the two before some touch-up and decalling:

TheRat
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by TheRat »

Brews wrote:What is your plan with this?
It's going to be a Canadian U-2 equivalent, the CR-100. The back story is already written up, I just haven't fully decided on the colours yet. I could go with a black recce example, or a civilian research one similar to the ones NASA uses.

Return to “Welcome!”