Hello from Bangalore, India

adityeah
starter kit

Hello from Bangalore, India

Post by adityeah »

Hello Everyone,

I am Aditya, here from Bangalore, India. I am 32. I work as a programmer and also write part time.

I had known about aircraft modelling but never could start with it - I am not sure if we had modelling kits readily available here in India. At least I have started noticing them here only in the past few months. Ironical as it may seem, many of the Airfix kits are made here in Bangalore, India and exported to the UK. The other day I was told that some of those leftover kits are sourced back from the UK and sold in India. I have bought a Mitsubishi Zero kit, 1:72.

Anyway, I am a total newbie and I excited to discover a new hobby. Well, it was always a hobby - just that I have got my first kit now. I am not sure if there are people from my country at this forum. In any case, regardless of where we are from, I am keen to learn from you and look forward to it here.

Best,
aditya
Miss-Stang
Active Participant

Re: Hello from Bangalore, India

Post by Miss-Stang »

Welcome to the forum, Adityeah! :grin:

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and be able to share lots of hints and tips with the other forum members. Happy modelling!
Regards,

Miss-Stang
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Hello and welcome!

Model building is a learning curve so rather than trying to absorb every bit of advice on "how you should build" a model to produce a perfect replica, I would just have a go and see how you get on. You just need glue, knife, sandpaper, a brush and some paint :grin:
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Welcome aboard !

James is correct, start easy and simple, make mistakes and learn from them. Many of us here are good at making mistakes so we can be quite helpful in that regard :)

Please avail yourself of the experience in our little community, we'll be happy to help you get started - and to learn from you in the process.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
despondman
Active Participant

Post by despondman »

Hi Aditya welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy making your Zero. The main thing is just to have fun making models that for one reason or another capture your interest.
adityeah
starter kit

Post by adityeah »

Hello,
Thank you for your replies!
Is there a "startup" page/topic meant only for beginners like me? Maybe detailing the basics of modelling airfix and the basic kit setup required for the same? I have seen some of your work here and you all are awesome :-) I was wondering what do you use for spraying? By default I have a painting brush and some paint with the kit but I guess the results wary a lot with spray?
Thank you again!
aditya
BlohmWolf
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by BlohmWolf »

Hey Adityeah! Welcome to UAMF and thanks for the comments.

Maybe not on this forum, but this might be a helpful guide onto model making:

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Plastic- ... from-a-Kit;

Also, for spraying, just about all of use either special modelling spray can paint (e.g tamiya, mr. hobby) or use thinned down paint for airbrush use. Of course, the airbrush will give more control over the spray can, but the airbrush needs it's seperate supply of air, which compressors are needed (you could use canned air, but really, it's just a waste of money for the cans you buy over a year could have used in purchasing a higher class compressor).

It may seem a bit daunting reading this, but it's really up to you. You can buy anything you want for modelling, if you find the need to. Its meant to be fun, so try what you want.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Welcome and good luck with your first model. You can get lots of help and advice here if you need it.

David
adityeah
starter kit

Post by adityeah »

Thanks everyone! And thanks BlohmWolf, I will check that page out!
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

Glad to help. Also, if you want to show us what's going on with your models, you can make a workbench thread, there you can post up what you are going to make, the progress, or ask questions about your model. It's great.

http://uamf.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=14;

And if you finish something, it's also a good idea to post it in one of the main subject forums, like Aviation or Sci-fi, so more people know you've made it.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hiya.
Honcho of ASMMF

Return to “Welcome!”