What flew over your house today?

Things that fly
Gregers
Forum founder

Re: What flew over your house today?

Post by Gregers »

Not over my house unfortunately but we called in at RAF Finningley today. The Vulcan was out of the hanger for engine runs. Sorry about the poor quality pic but I only had my phone to take pics with.

All the best.

Greg
Attachments
20170624_125714.jpg
20170624_125714.jpg (96.45 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
gnomemeansgnome
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by gnomemeansgnome »

Wish I had my camera but yesterday it was a bright yellow Beech Staggerwing pass overhead, presumably back to its nest in Langley. Never seen one around here before. Very cool.
Ego no habeo consilium.

ICBM = Insatiable Collector and Builder of Models
Tiger Hobbies
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Tiger Hobbies »

Not over the house but over my workplace (thus using the Tiger Hobbies membership login), A C47 in invasion stripes, unfortunately I didn't get a pic of it but it was pretty low. Boss not too happy as I didn't shout him and he missed it, better go make him a coffee :grin:

All the best.

Greg
https://www.facebook.com/TigerHobbiesLimited/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/TigerHobbiesLTD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you order from us please could you mention UAMF on your order or send us a PM? This is to help us get the right products posted on the site for you to view. Many thanks, Captain Tiger.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Just had a Chinook come over, very nearly right over our house. Quite low and as usual we heard it first!. :grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
uavdb
Active Participant

Post by uavdb »

Some ANG F-16's from Tucson International and A-10's from Davis Monthan AFB, various light aircraft from Ryan Field to our south. Also the odd KC-135 and some Southwest 737's and MD-80 types and recently, single vertical finned Shorts Skyvans. This is a daily occurrence. It's amazing how many planes fly over us!
uavdb (Dave)
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

uavdb wrote:Some ANG F-16's from Tucson International and A-10's from Davis Monthan AFB, various light aircraft from Ryan Field to our south. Also the odd KC-135 and some Southwest 737's and MD-80 types and recently, single vertical finned Shorts Skyvans. This is a daily occurrence. It's amazing how many planes fly over us!
Sounds terribly dull! (he said enviously!!) :ha:
pmmaker
Active Participant

Post by pmmaker »

A flight of two F-15 Eagles out of Westover AFB in Massachusetts this morning as I was out taking my walk. They were heading south and flew so fast I barely caught sight of them. Did hear them though. Also yesterday a C-130 of the Connecticut ANG must have been doing touch and goes as he flew over the house 3 times using the same landing pattern the commercial jet liners fly going into Bradley in Windsor Locks, Ct.

pmmaker
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad"
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Two (Lynx) Wildcat's came over us at the weekend. Thought they were Dauphin type until I looked up the Wildcat as I thought Lynx too. They have a distinctive 'H' tail and the bit on the nose so it was easy to confirm what they were.
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Yesterday at work we had an A400M Atlas, A330 Voyeger, Apache, Tornado and the based Jet Provost T.5 was literally causing trouble in the circuit by holding in the wrong place causing a DHC-8-Q400's TCAS to light up which forced the flight crew to go around!
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Unfortunately too low and happened quick to run for the camera but the BoBMF C47 just flew near my house and I saw it from my back garden. About ten minutes later a civvie Gazelle flew over.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Not our house but last week at work (EMA/EGNX) we had an Italian Air Force B767 Tanker in to pick troops up.
I was talking to quite a lot of them whilst they were waiting in the Terminal and they were all Typhoon Pilots returning from Waddington after exercise Cobra Worrier.

Also whilst on Holiday a few days ago in Skegness we had an F-15E, KC-135R, a 4ship of Typhoons and 6 Tornado GR.4''s and whilst on our return home we stopped at Coningsby to be treated by 2 departing Typhoons, 2 arriving Tucanos, the BBMF Hurricane sat outside the hanger and a full practice display from the RAF100 Typhoon.
Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Post by Crashpilot »

C-160 Transall. They were supposed to get replaced by A-400M, that one with its never-ending teething problems, so now they have to carry on a little more.
I think the Transall will have their 50th anniversary service year soon? Hopefully, they will not fall apart, before service´s out :lol:
PS: It´s the black spot on the right, the black spot to the left of it, might be a bird?
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish
TeeELL

Post by TeeELL »

When I was out on my canal boat during June and July we had, fly over or near us: Spitfire on the south side of Kidderminster, JP3 north side of Kidderminster (within an hour of each other). As we approached RAF Coningsby (from where I used to fly F4M’s) Typhoons and a pair of F15’s. There was something else but, to my shame, I couldn’t identify it (call myself an ex-fighter pilot!!).
A couple of weeks later we were in East Anglia and in the Lakenheath/Mildenhall area saw F15’s, CV22, USAF C130’s various, KC135’s. At the Bedford River Festival a Spitfire displayed on the Saturday and the BBMF Lancaster on the Sunday.
Since returning home (home being in the vicinity of Brize Norton and Fairford) then the ‘usual’ C17s, C130’s, A400’s and Voyagers. Didn’t see it, but the AN 225 was in BZ. I’ve had B52’s over, flying from/to Fairford and a ‘Dragon lady’ shook the place.
Tony

The older I get the better I was!
Current build:
Airfix 1:72 Javelin FAW9
Particular modelling interests:
Cuban Airforce aircraft, 29(F) Sqn aircraft, Aircraft I’ve flown
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

We had a French Air Force Lockheed C-130 Hercules in at work today, a coach full of what looked like RAF personal was dropped off at the main terminal.
uavdb
Active Participant

Post by uavdb »

An Ercoupe puttering by earlier this morning! I've seen two different Ercoupes in the past flying on the same day. I believe they are both based at Ryan Field which is about 3 miles (as the crow flies) south westish of my home. I've seen some quite interesting a/c flying in and out of there, like a DHC Caribou seen occasionally flying the pattern. We get quite a bit of commercial flights coming over heading into Tucson I'ntl which is east of us. Lots of Southwest 737's MD-80/90 types. Boring.
uavdb (Dave)

Return to “Aviation Hangar”