What flew over your house today?

Things that fly
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: What flew over your house today?

Post by SJPONeill »

UH-1H from 3 Sqn when wokk-ing over this house this afternoon...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Over the weekend i was in Devon with college on an adventure weekend were i saw 2 Vigilant T1 motor gliders flying around a beach and one evening heard a huge noise and what came flying over the place i was a staying, a nice bright yellow RAF SAR Seaking and then got to watch it land pick up a patient and take off and fly direct over me at a stupidly low level too. I believe they all came from Royal Marines Base Chivenor which use to be RAF Chivenor which was only like a mile from where i was staying :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

We don't see this around this area much.

A UH60 from the Michigan National Guard on a training exercise supporting the local Guard Engineer Company. They used the ball field at a local park to pick up the troops. Being a live exercise, I could not get a walk around.

The lift platoon of the Guard unit is called the "Silverbacks" after the great apes.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
airjim
Sprue Teaser

Post by airjim »

I'm being buzzed by the Goodyear Blimp. Not an unusual occurrence in Akron, but it does take some time...

Jim
Read my inane modeling writings at:
http://ascalecanadian.com
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Local open day at the airport means lots of little spam cans. Nothing interesting actually flew over the house, but lots of interesting stuff at the airport - see my thread in the Aviaiton Hangar.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
carlos
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Jet Provost

Post by carlos »

A Jet Provost flew over here today (Newton Aycliffe), 3 times - Went North, then turned round within binocular view, came back over and went back South.
About 10 mins later, went over again, headed North - Red and White livery.

Noisy little fellas aren't they..??
Currently on bench: ICM 1/72 Tupolev Tu-2
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

A CH54 Skycrane, UH60M Blackhawks heading to the front line of a Forest Fire I am deployed at.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
T-21
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by T-21 »

BBMF DH Chipmunk WK518 flew over at 17:10hrs heading south Monday 05 June. Track from Coningsby gives approx destination as Halton or Odiham. The bright new orange colour scheme are what made it stand out.
Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

Not exactly seen flying over my house but here goes.....

Saw 3x RoKAF KAI T-50B Golden Eagles on the backs of low loader trucks yesterday on the M62 motorway.

They were being taken from Manchester airport (where they had arrived earlier that morning on a 747 freighter) to RAF Leeming for reassembly prior to the 'Black Eagles' aerobatic display team appearing at the RAF Waddington Airshow, Farnborough Airshow and RIAT.

The next ones are due into Manchester on Friday.
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Not so much over the house but I have just called in at RAF Finningley (Still refuse to call it Robin hood airport - stupid name! ) And the Vulcan was sat outside. I hope they get the #2 engine sorted for the RAF Waddington air show next week end.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Post by Brickie »

Apparently not, #1 and #2 are both totalled and the display's off.
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I was talking with one of the pilots today. No 1 looks to be ok but 2 is U/S. It has been replaced and the engines run but it won't make Waddington for certain. I knew about the gel pack having been left and then ingested by the engine just over a week ago. This incident had the engine thrown it's blades could have written off the aircraft had it punctured either the inside of the wing or the fuselage.

Best regards.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

A CF-18 just flew low over the house. It's doing the Canada Day flypast at the Aviation Museum at the Rockcliffe Airfield. We saw a Herky-bird earlier - probably the Golden Hawks Parachute Team heading for a display.
Up in the Great White North
David J Ross
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by David J Ross »

Okay, I know it's not exactly what this thread calls for but it's close so I think I'll share it.

I was watching an episode of Coast that I recorded just over a month ago. It had a bit about the airship building that took place, here in Barrow, back in 1911. This has a special interest to me as my greatgrandfather listed his occupation, in the 1911 census, as 'wood sawyer, airship building'. Their was a shot of the shipyard taken from a plane flying up the Walney Channel. In the middle of the shot I can see my house. I know the link, to the thread, is a bit slim but I saw it today (the programme) and the flying was close to my house.
http://david-j-ross.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bobblelink
Active Participant

Post by bobblelink »

The Goodyear blimp! A lovely sight.
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17

Return to “Aviation Hangar”