.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
glen3312
Getting well comfy!

Re: XH 558

Post by glen3312 »

she sounds as good as she looks trust me ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwiru0C ... re=related;
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

lovely!.........back in the '90s when it was the display bird i was at Waddington on a gun course the week before its final display before it was pensioned off...........middle of the week they took it up for a practice flight ready for the weekend..........whole station turned out and stood and watched......marvellous show
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
nightrider2k
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by nightrider2k »

Beautiful Old Bird!
Seen her a few times now at various air shows since her 're-birth' onto the display circuit, but would have loved to have been at this one and got a really good picture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNxtJX6KKQk;
What a sjght to see a Vulcan & Lancaster in formation - I dunno what was keeping her in the sky that day as it must have really close to stall speed trying to slow down enough to form up with the Lanc!
I've only heard about this formation only being done once - I guess the insurance underwriters must have been having kittens when they told em they were about to do this..or was it improptu?
Anyways - a fantastic sight - anyone have a good hi-res shot of this.....would make a wonderfull framed picture
Regards
Boz
glen3312
Getting well comfy!

Post by glen3312 »

lucky you :) i still think the best time to see a war-bird is when your not expecting it . i"ve seen many Spits flying at airshows over the years but i still get goosebumps when one flys over my house :grin:
nightrider2k
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by nightrider2k »

Regarding Spitfires - I live about 200yards away from the Felixstowe coastline and quite often get a sight of the 'Grace' spitfire as she practices her routine in the skies over here.
She is based at Bentwaters which is only a few miles from me and regularly gives her a spin during the flying season.
The unmistakable drone of the merlin engine often draws me into the back garden for my own personal display which never fails to make the hair on the back of neck stand up
Regards
Boz

Return to “Aviation Hangar”