Two Lancasters together!

Things that fly
ronbow
Active Participant

Re: Two Lancasters together!

Post by ronbow »

Snowbird wrote:Just had my flight booked,will be at Shoreham for the August show :)
I hope you have a good flight, have you been to the show before or is it your first trip over the pond? I have bought my ticket's
in advance it is a bloody good show an well worth the cost. I go both days even though the air display is almost the same it's still worth going as there is also so much to see on the ground. Any way it will great to see the two Lancaster's together.
Take care and have a good flight.
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
Snowbird
Getting well comfy!

Post by Snowbird »

ronbow wrote:
Snowbird wrote:Just had my flight booked,will be at Shoreham for the August show :)
I hope you have a good flight, have you been to the show before or is it your first trip over the pond? I have bought my ticket's
in advance it is a bloody good show an well worth the cost. I go both days even though the air display is almost the same it's still worth going as there is also so much to see on the ground. Any way it will great to see the two Lancaster's together.
Take care and have a good flight.
Hi Ron.
Shoreham is my home town,since leaving in 1967 I get back about every 4 years or so.Last visit to the air show was in 2000.
My first show was back in 58 or 59 when I was on show duty with the ATC.

Keith.
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

Have a safe flight and enjoy the show, Are you going both days or just the one? I hope to do both but it depends on finances, and operations due on my hip wrist and back. Any way take care maybe we will bump into each other.
Ron.
P.S
I used to be in the A.T.C 267 Sqdn in Twickenham or Fullwell depending on where you wanted the border as our buildings straddled the boundary.
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
TobyC
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TobyC »

Sadly Vera has engine trouble and won't be appearing this weekend which is a shame especially as I'm going to Shoreham tomorrow.
Glad she's down in one piece and the crew are safe.

Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

I'm going there too, What a shame but I'm glad they got down safely and that the engine damage isn't to bad.

P.S HOW THE HELL DO YOU POST AN AVATAR? I had one on there went to change it but cant ! :frown: :evil:
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

ronbow wrote:I'm going there too, What a shame but I'm glad they got down safely and that the engine damage isn't to bad.

P.S HOW THE HELL DO YOU POST AN AVATAR? I had one on there went to change it but cant ! :frown: :evil:
Best I can figure out, you are pointing at a photobucket page (html), not just an image (jpg). I know PB has gone weird but I'm not sure what to say as I have none to test on ... Go back and try again, watching what you are loading from PB.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

Thanks JR! I just got back from Shoreham Air show, the flying was great but the commentary was a bit lame. But it was great to see the classics where they should be IN THE AIR , not as gate guards or with a pole stuck in there belly to make them look as if they are trying to take of. Unfortunately apart from the crazy wind stopping the Gladiator and swordfish flying, there were a couple of mechanicals, but it was still a great day.
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"

Return to “Aviation Hangar”