2 Lancasters Formation

Things that fly
bilby1968
Modelling Gent and Scholar

2 Lancasters Formation

Post by bilby1968 »

Found this article that will probably make a lot of people very happy if all goes to plan

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-art ... ation.html;

Dave
3 on the bench at anytime............well sometimes!!
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Re: 2 Lancasters Formation

Post by Brickie »

Wow. That's a long way across the Atlantic for an old bird like that, even staging at Iceland.
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Now that would be a sight worth seeing. I agree, it is a long way to fly the old girl though and over quite a lot of empty, unforgiving ocean even given a staging in Iceland.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

This has been in the planning stage for ages, (and rumored for even longer). I hope I get to see them fly together. Incidentally a good few years ago I was at work and I took a call from a guy with a Canadian accent who (as I found out later) is one of the pilots of the CWH Lanc. Had I known who he was I would have asked him if this was going to happen.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Derek Church
starter kit

Post by Derek Church »

Lets hope this happens. I have seen them both fly, be it on opposite sides of the water.
As a kid of three in 1948 I did fly the Atlantic in a Lancastrian, London, Lisbon, Azores, Bermuda, Nassau. I remember a little of the flight, being asked to go to the flight deck, but being frightened by the noise of the engines, no sound proofing or pressurisation in those days. Being told to shut up when I loudly told my mother, whilst 'high' over the Atlantic that the wings were on fire, those exhaust flames really did glow.
Fingers crossed, that they meet up, and more to the point that I can get to whatever show they display at!

Derek Church

Return to “Aviation Hangar”