Tracked and wheeled thingys

Pictures of real vehicles
PDMO
Getting well comfy!

Tracked and wheeled thingys

Post by PDMO »

Just thought i'd share a few of my more decent snaps (which are rare).They were all taken at various military shows in the south.Hope you like em

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

and to any military vehicle enthusiasts/restorers looking in ...BIG thanks,your efforts are much appreciated

All the best ,Paul
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Re: Tracked and wheeled thingys

Post by Brickie »

Nice photos there. It's not a field I know a lot about, but I recognise most of the vehicles there. The second-to-last one I don't recognise, nor the flak-looking job just after the Megane getting pulled in half...
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Great pics. Not and AFV builder really but I chalked a few of those up as kits. Don't think I've every seen and actual Priest before, just the Matchbox kit. Is that AAA thing based on a Chieftain chassis?
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
PDMO
Getting well comfy!

Post by PDMO »

Hello Brickie and James
Glad you like em ,must admit i'm a bit stuck on their names.The flak tank is at Duxford, i think, and there is a German/Dutch version called a Gepard which has an extra wheel on the chassis and similar turret.I think (I really should listen instead of just stand there and dribble)this one is the British version on what looks like a Chieftain/Centurion chassis.My son actually found a Heller 1/35 Gepard kit while we were there,apparantly its a bit of a stinker ,but were gonna give it a go.
I'm afraid i'm totally lost on the armoured car....

the tank pulling the car apart is a Chieftain, below the two m/bikes is a Centurion and the open back American one with a bloomin long gun pointing up is an M40 155mm, i've got a picture of a Priest somewhere but i think its on print.
All the best,Paul
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

PDMO wrote:My son actually found a Heller 1/35 Gepard kit

..ah that actually might be where I recognise it from.
PDMO
Getting well comfy!

Post by PDMO »

Here are some more of the armoured car.It seems that it is a Morris light armoured recconnaisance vehicle.
Have you done the Gepard kit then James?
ImageImage

The two Jack the car rippers

A tortoiseImageImage
apparently the Tiger is going to be out and about at the next Tankfest in June.Plenty of campsites in the area
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Those are some fantastic photos
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Thanks for sharing those pictures. What a day out and about.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

PDMO wrote:Have you done the Gepard kit then James?
No, just something I remember from my childhood, I'd forgotten about it till now. I think either a friend had one or if was one of the kits I saw on my frequent visits to the model shop.
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Some lovely pictures there :) quick question what shows are these taken at?? The Dragon Wagon at the top is the War and Peace isnt it?? :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Great pics and I'm impulsed to build the few Matchbox AFV's in The Stash now.

Regards,
Bruce
PDMO
Getting well comfy!

Post by PDMO »

Thank you ,I'm glad you like em,i have to admit to going into smug mode a bit when i first uploaded them,but its the camera that does all the hard work (its an eos 350D set on full auto,which makes it me proof).
The shows they were taken at include;
The Abingdon airshow....one of the first shows of the year,it also has military vehicles on show.I really like it there because its on a smaller scale so a bit more intimate.If you go this year, time it to get to Abingdon early as its a nightmare road because of all the roundabouts.This is where i took the photo of the Dragon Wagon ,Motley.

The War and Peace show and Military Odyssey ..both in Kent,any photos with a battle going on or lots of people/vehicles are probably taken at one of those.

The show where the car is being pulled apart was called Military Mayhem and unfortunately only ran for a couple of years.It was held on August bank holiday in Kent and clashed with Military Mayhem, so i guess most of the military vehicle owners were camped up there.It was another of those nice little intimate shows.Miltary Mayhem is great for re-enactors from Greeks to Napoleonic to WW1 and 2 but War and Peace.....WOW amazing

Bovington Tank museum, brilliant place.Tank Fest this year has a restored Tiger in the arena.The Tortoise was in the arena last year but i didn't get down there :cry:

Duxford was where i took pictures of the Chieftain Anti Air tank, the Sherman 105mm and the T34.They usually have a few tanks going around the arena on event days.It might of been at the MAFVA show there last year.There were some excellent deals to be had.One guy was selling a load of Matchbox kits at £2 each.I had bought a new airbrush and couldn't stop thinking about them while driving back home.....mad hobby.

Others are from the various air,military and country shows around the south of the country, all well worth a visit, the M40 was at the Essex country show.
I have enjoyed looking at this website for quite a while,it has been very helpfull and entertaining so its nice to return the favour ,as it were.

Was it this one JamesImage

All the best,Paul
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Indeed it is Paul. :grin:
Boldman
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Boldman »

Did you get any more of that monster Scamell in the tug o'war? Lovely Chieftan as well, great photos, thanks for sharing
PDMO
Getting well comfy!

Post by PDMO »

Here you go Boldman, its only one different shot.No full frontals i'm afraid :shock: But there are some more shots from the show (military mayhem) and my son took a video of it ,which i will get up soon

all the best,Paul

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Garage”