Java support vanishing - other ways to post pics

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
PropWash
Active Participant

Java support vanishing - other ways to post pics

Post by PropWash »

Both the Chrome and Firefox browsers have ended support for the Java plug-in (Firefox aggressively so in the last few months) in the interest of security. Oracle will also be killing it off in the next year or so. And it seems, to me at least based upon recent experience, that Postimage needs Java to function so we can upload pics. Any ideas how best to upload pics as easily as we have with PostImage? Thanks! :)
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Java support vanishing - other ways to post pics

Post by JamesPerrin »

I don't believe PostImage uses Java. I don't use it myself but as far as I can tell is uses javascript which is not the same as java (source of endless confusion for non IT people). Some security software may block postimage.org and it's javascript if it believes there is a problem with it.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
PropWash
Active Participant

Re: Javascript support vanishing - other ways to post pics

Post by PropWash »

You are quite correct James, I should have said Javascript. I am a big fan of Firefox, but since they began to stop use / support for NPAPI plugins (with v52), I have had chronic problems on some web sites with things not working as they should. On here it is the PostImage program. I'l update Java on my pc, and the program works fine until the next Firefox update. I tried Internet Explorer and the image upload function isn't even displayed. But I have now installed Chrome and its working fine again (so I'll use that for posting pics).

I do think that as the browsers evolve into more secure programs, that this will be a conern / problem. It just isn't this second. Thank you for commenting.

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”