Account Deletion

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
Saxon
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Account Deletion

Post by Saxon »

How do I go about deleting my account, I have looked around and if it is something I can myself I have missed it.

You seem to have a clique thing going here and I just don't feel I will or am welcome to be a part of it.
SJPONeill

Re: Account Deletion

Post by SJPONeill »

If anyone has done anything to make you feel unwelcome, maybe that's something to raise with the admins but FWIW I think you've been integrating nicely into the mix and I sure be sad to see our small group of down-under modellers lose a member..amy be just give UAMF a break for a while and see how it looks in a few weeks...?
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
IrishAir
Active Participant

Post by IrishAir »

I was never aware of any clique thing going on here, what do you mean?
I joined back in August and I always felt welcome.
I hope we'll be able to resolve this issues,

Cheers,
Paul
There's always room for improvement...... and I got plenty of space to fill
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

PM sent. Don't do anything hasty...
Up in the Great White North
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

Saxon wrote: You seem to have a clique thing going here

you got to be kidding.................i only really got involved here when the new site opened and have since found it to be a very laid back welcoming place......if you want cliquey i can point you in the direction of a few notable forums where you really have to be in 'the gang' to get along

give this place a chance......just jump in and start posting....have fun
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

I didn't mean it in a whiney kind of way, I apologise for that. I just feel there is a clique which is natural it happens of course when a group of people have known each other for a while.

I just don't feel I belong here, not anyones fault per se.
BWP
Got in under the wire

Post by BWP »

The only "clique" here is the forum itself ... if you participate, you're "in". You just have to start yakkin' about your models, show a few pictures of what you've done and are doing, and that's it ....

Now, some of the folks here have a long history together, and it's only natural that manifests itself as a level of "shared thinking" that people without that history may not immediately pick up on. It doesn't mean that anyone is attempting to deliberately exclude anyone else. You just need to interrupt them every now and again and say "guys, what are you talking about?".

Trust me, this is a very loose and friendly forum. I've found other forums to be equally "friendly" but none that are as "loose". (If you follow what I mean ....)

Weirdly, this is the only modelling forum I participate in where there is an option to "block" users whose messages you don't want to see, but there's no-one here I want to block. On other forums, I'd be using the feature quite regularly, if it was there to use ....
Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia
"I want to decide who lives and who dies."
My Model Profile
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Saxon,

I'm sorry you feel that way. Before you give up on the forums entirely is there something we can do to make you feel more welcome?
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

I'm really regretting this thread lol.

I didn't want it to sound whiney or like I was attacking anyone. I just feel the way I do, it's no big deal. I'm not trying to fish for attention or anything. I just tried finding the button to delete my account and it wasn't there for me to find.
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

UAMF is like Hotel California...you can check out any time you like but you can never leave....
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

I can understand and would lean towards agreeing with all that has been said above.
If you're uncomfortable, you could always stop visiting for a while. This would give you the option of joining in again, if and whenever you felt like it. If you're familiar with our Welcome area, you will have seen others return.

There's nothing to stop you joining up with other Forums...some of us seem to be right Forum hussies, putting themselves about, here, there and everywhere. Some of us are more select. ;-) (or can only focus on one Forum at a time).

I'm a member of about half a dozen different forums, but I only post in here and, occasionally, on one other. That said, if a topic arose on any of the others that really got me interested, I could still join in.

Deletion of an account is an Admin task, because it's a relatively Big Thing...it also prevents trolls popping in, causing havoc and disappearing, before we get the chance to ban their emails and stuff. We also have the ability to not only delete a persons account, but also every post they made to the Forum, in one fell swoop.

All of that said, if you really, really wanted to be deleted, after, say, a week of 'reflection' and re-consideration, then your request will be reluctantly granted. To do this, you would PM a member of the Admin Team.

Don't go!
Don't leave me now!
While the sun's in the sky
Stick around and laugh awhile.

Best Regards,
Bruce
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

Saxon wrote:I didn't mean it in a whiney kind of way, I apologise for that. I just feel there is a clique which is natural it happens of course when a group of people have known each other for a while.

I just don't feel I belong here, not anyones fault per se.

just my two pennuth worth...............

until the site moved to its new server a few months ago (was it really only may?) i had never posted here at uamf even tho i had joined about 2 years ago...there was a few reasons for that, none of them was to do with the site.....more that i was active on other boards and just didnt have the time, but i happened to find the link again just before they switched over and had a refurb to the place :-D ...and i thought i would give it a try ...............there is only one person here i 'know' and we go back several years on another forum, but i feel more than at home here...everyone is friendly.....ive joined plenty of forums over the years where its hard to break into 'the circle' and be recognised but i really dont this is one of them.....i now only post on 3 forums and all 3 are pretty much paid back to a similar degree.....i also tend to have an allergic reaction to JMN's which makes me avoid some of the big forums (mentioning no names :-D )

can i ask if you post at any other forums where you do feel comfortable?.....and if so, what is different about there from here?..bigger/smaller?, more focused subject matter?, ...just curious

personally i think it would be sad to see any one give up on a place, theres room for everyone.....please dont go just yet and try it out again
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
arni

Post by arni »

Leave if you wish,you have free will on that....But it would be nice if you stick around here.Take a break if you wish but we are always here,for myself I only post every so often but have never felt excluded.On the old site I believe I only made about 180 posts in 4 years.

This is a laid back place and lots of friendly people are on here,same as the old site I only post every so often but that is my choice.There is no reason as to why you can not just read what you want and post if you so wish.

Just my thoughts on it. ;-)
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Apologies for the drama. I hurt my back about a month ago and was in a great deal of pain when I posted that request, I was moody and depressed and was more effected by that than the forum itself. My back will be fine just sprained muscles, but hurts like hell!

Sorry for the drama.
Jagewa

Post by Jagewa »

I hope your back is getting better quick, they can be a loong slow business.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Cheers
Jim

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”