Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

OK, you'll have to forgive me for being cack with IT - I have to admit to getting a bit nervous with some of the things on this forum and thinking that I'm going to bugger up the system if I have a go. Please, therefore, can someone explain to me how to use the reply with quote system. Yes, I know, I should have asked earlier as I've been on here since last November :oops: Try to keep it simple please as I'm a bit thick with this sort of thing. Ta muchly in advance.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
MerlinJones

Re: Reply with quote

Post by MerlinJones »

Bottom right of each post is a Quote button.
If you click it, you'll then get the entire post in front of you, with [/quote] at the end of it and [quote="ForumMembersNameHere"] at the beginning of it.

If you're cack at IT, you'll probably get as far as quoting the entire message, before responding yourself to one small portion of it! :mrgreen:
However, you can delete the irrelevent portions, so that you only quote the bit you want to quote.

If you want to respond to portions of a persons post, you can break it up. Just make sure that you have the square bracketed bits at the beginning and end of each portion, as described above.

Regards,
Bruce
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

It should be pointed out it is generally bad form to quote a post with images and leave all the images in the quote. This is because images then appear twice and everyone spend lots of time scrolling. Images can be quoted if you are replying regarding a specific image.

Basically what we don't want to see is a four page post quoted just for someone to say "Nice" :roll:
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

MerlinJones wrote: If you're cack at IT.....
Yes I am, but thanks for the help. Hopefully I've done this right!

IPMS#12300
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

So that's how it's done. Thanks boys.

IPMS#12300

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”