What does this mean.....

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
Stevekir
Getting well comfy!

What does this mean.....

Post by Stevekir »

A:B
2011 31:62
2010 93:112
2009 95:126 etc.

Years, obviously, but what else?
DHDrover

Re: What does this mean.....

Post by DHDrover »

Steve, they are the aquired/built ratio for the given year.

Dai
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

It's an idea of mine that was an attempt to help some of us manage our almost-constant Acquisition of models, as opposed to our lesser Building of the things.

So, at the start of the year, I start out with an Acquired:Built ratio of 0:0.
If I acquire a kit, then that is added to the A score and every time I build one, then my B increases.

Once upon a time, I acquired way more kits than I built and my Stash was getting bigger and bigger. If this hyad continued, then, when I fionally popped this mortal coil, I would have lots and lots of unmade kits, for someone else to dispose of. What's the point of that?

So my initial aim was to have built more kits over a year than I acquired.
Having achieved this, I then set out to seriously reduce my Stash and, to do this, I had to build way more than I acquired.

Over this year, I now have more built models than I have in my stash and I built 4 kits for every one I acquire.

Some of us also include a C for 'chucked', or a D for 'donated'.

Most of us, however, still spend lots and lots on models that will never get built and refuse to be identified as collectors, as opposed to modellers! :mrgreen:

Regards,
Bruce
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

for me its

a=aquired
b=built
c=binned/sold/disposed
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
Stevekir
Getting well comfy!

Post by Stevekir »

Whew! So at the moment I have A:B 2012 1:0 Then next Spring 2013 0:1

I have some way to go!
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Stevekir wrote:Whew! So at the moment I have A:B 2012 1:0 Then next Spring 2013 0:1

I have some way to go!
Er...no.
On the first of January, you will be like the rest of us and start at 0:0.

At the moment, you have acquired 1 kit, so you're correct with 1:0.

Build it to completion and you will have acquired one kit and built one kit, giving you an A:B of 1:1, which is a Good Thing and worthy of kudos. ;-)
This time of the year, unless you've been diligent in recording what you have acquired and what you have built, your end-of-year figures will not compare to those of us who have been keeping score since 01/01/12. That said, there's nothing to stop you starting now, with an A:B of 1:0.

It really isn't about having big numbers, it's really about managing your ratio of built kits to acquired kits.

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”