Old info on the old Forumer site

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Old info on the old Forumer site

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

See http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5831; for the current information, this post is now just for history.

Our old forum, hosted by Forumer, is not accessible at this time. Links on this site to posts, builds, etc, prior to May 2011, when we moved here, will not be available until this is resolved.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MerlinJones

Re: * Our old site is temporarily unavailable *

Post by MerlinJones »

Temporarily?
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

Well... until we can establish why it has disappeared, it's hard to know whether it's coming back...

bestest,
M.
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Given the apparent lack of UAMF input at Forumer, I took the liberty of asking a question;

http://fhq.forumer.com/phpbb2-technical ... forum.html;

Regards,
Bruce
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

Note the word "apparent". The owner of the UAMF site at Forumer is currently corresponding with them. The Admin Team will report back as soon as there is any solid info, rather than speculation...

Bestest,
M.
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Of course I note the word 'apparent'...that is why it was used.
Knowing that the owner is 'corresponding' with Forumer is more reassuring than the info given to date.
That said, a lack of active posting in the old Forum may have had some part to play.
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

Let's just wait and see, eh? Ill-informed guesses will get us nowhere. There are issues affecting several well-known modelling sites at the moment. We may have been victim of the same problems, or it may be something different. When we as an Admin team know anything for sure, we will let the forum know immediately. To re-iterate -- the forum owner, who is the only person who has a _right_ to expect an answer from Forumer, is in communication with the team there. When we have firm information, it will be posted..

bestest,
M.
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

PM sent
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

As yet no direct word to me from forumer. Knowing their usual lack of response from a past issue I won't hold my breath.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Doh! No surprise there, then. :roll:
Ever consider using the publically available (and viewable) Support Forum?

Regards,
Bruce
Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

The old forum/library is no more. Sorry everyone.

It would appear that Forumer (The old sites host) has been sold to another company and they are in the process of clearing house of static unused forums.

They had discovered our old home had received no posts for over 12 months and they popped along to investigate.

It also turns out the HUGE link we had placed in the banner as a link to the new site was in fact a breach of their Terms of use.

I don't think any of us could have foreseen this would happen when we first moved to our new home.

Sorry to say this guys but it would now seem our old site has now ceased to be.
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

That is a shame :cry: , thanks for the update Chris.
BEEN A WHILE
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

It is a pity, but let's move on. This site is far superior to the old one. Thanks to the admin team for attempting to sort out the problem.

Let's get on with some modelling! :)

Cheers

Andrew
Up in the Great White North
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

MerlinJones wrote:Doh! No surprise there, then. :roll:
Ever consider using the publically available (and viewable) Support Forum?

Regards,
Bruce
Yes I have, it was my first port of call but my old log in name and / or password is not working and as I registered with my old and now defunct e-mail address I can not retrieve it. I will re-register as soon as I am able but they are not accepting new registrations at the moment due to issues with their anti spammer software.

Best regards.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

I have been 'involved' and, as a consequence, received this from the Forumer Support Team.

Hi MerlinJones,

We have decided to temporarily turn your forum back on line for the duration of time it will take us to complete the phpBB2 migrations (it will probably take a few weeks) so you can copy your most important posts if you wish.

At this time, seeing as the forum is inactive and only used as an archive, we are not planning to migrate it to Yuku, so when the phpBB2 migrations end, it will be deactivated and removed.

It might take a few hours for the forum to be turned back on line and you will have to remove the banner link which points to your new board ASAP (you got max 24 hours from when it is turned back on or the forum is being deactivated again)

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”