posting pictures...

Please use the stickied discussion threads for information/questions about posting images to UAMF, to include PhotoBucket, PostImage, and others.
franjy
Series 3 and Beyond

posting pictures...

Post by franjy »

How does one do it?
Saxon
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: posting pictures...

Post by Saxon »

You need to have a photobucket or similar account you upload pics onto that and then paste the image link from that site onto this site. So easy I can even do it!
Stevekir
Getting well comfy!

Post by Stevekir »

I have used Photobucket successfully. You need to register (free) with a name and PW. Then you click on the green button "Upload" at the top right of Photobucket's window, then select the tab "From my computer" and on the same page then click on the big green button "Select photos and videos". Navigate to your photo on your computer and select it. Then (I think) press something called "upload" in a Photobucket window. The new photo will appear in the Photobucket window after selecting "Albums" at the top. It is now in your Photobucket album.

To get a photo on to a message on this forum, you need to select your photo in Photobucket (after pressing Photobucket's "Albums"). Select your photo, then go to the right side (of that same window) and click on "Direct link". This link will now automatically be in your clipboard. Go back to this forum (where you want to show your photo) and paste that link into your message. Submit your message (with the link) in the usual way and anyone viewing it will then be able to click on that link and see your photo. It sounds involved but quite easy when you have done it. (Some forums have a simpler method which does not involve another site.)

(I hope I have got all the steps right-have a go.)

Below is what one of mine looks like in a message:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o73 ... 2db08e.jpg;

Double-click on it and you will see the canopy of a model Lancaster.
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

Hi, Franjy... can I recommend a visit to the section of the site called "Site Rules and Answers to Your Questions about the Forum!"? It's the first one on the list of sub-forums. You'll find a lot of the answers you may be looking for there already, and if you DO need to ask for clarifications or have questions that aren't answered, that's the place to do it.

edit: this topic has now been moved from Aviation Modelling to the Site Rules... forum

best regards,
Matt

Return to “Site Rules & Answers to Your Questions About The Forums!”