I had the same problem, Paul. Migrant has done one and used hot water to get his to bend. I just cut them into 3 strips on the wing. I applied them top and bottom leaving the leading edge free. I gave it two coats of primer white and finished off with Xtracolor X253 RAL2005 Leuchtorange, which is a nice match for the decal.
I cracked a lot of decals getting it right, but had two kits, so I just replaced them with spares. The tip tanks were a total loss, regardless of hot water, so I'm painting them. I'll see what I have left over and get back to you. It's not a full set.
I've had a lot of trouble with this colour, as applied by decal. Very thick and brittle. The Matchbox Provost Decals were fine, though maybe a bit less bright.
Progress to date.