It is currently December 15th, 2017, 1:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

FW190 1:24 parts wanted please
 Post subject: FW190 1:24 parts wanted please
PostPosted: September 16th, 2017, 12:15 am 
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Having been delighted to get an Airfix 1:24 fw190 I was sadly disappointed shortly after to discover some missing bits and I'm hoping someone may be able to help?
Either with spares or perhaps resin casting something like the prop blade?

Looking for some spares please if anyone can help.
For an Airfix 1:24 FW190A
These being sprue parts
53, Rudder hinge
60, Rear wheel fork
79, part of left rudder pedal assembly
103, elevator hinge
105, elevator hinge
122, Prop Blade
170, Undercarriage y drop tank related part?
160, Bomb/drop tank clamps
161, "
162, "
Hoping I can find the bits as I'd really love to build this one.

Post subject: Re: FW190 1:24 parts wanted please
PostPosted: September 16th, 2017, 2:30 pm 
Modelling Gent and Scholar

m1ks wrote:
Having been delighted to get an Airfix 1:24 fw190 I was sadly disappointed shortly after to discover some missing bits and I'm hoping someone may be able to help?
Either with spares or perhaps resin casting something like the prop blade?

Looking for some spares please if anyone can help.
For an Airfix 1:24 FW190A
These being sprue parts
53, Rudder hinge
60, Rear wheel fork
79, part of left rudder pedal assembly
103, elevator hinge
105, elevator hinge
122, Prop Blade
170, Undercarriage y drop tank related part?
160, Bomb/drop tank clamps
161, "
162, "
Hoping I can find the bits as I'd really love to build this one.

I've got this kit but also hoping to build it, despite opinions saying otherwise!!!. I will see what's in the kit and see if I can spare at least some bits (probably bomb rack and internal cockpit stuff) if that helps?. :grin:

PostPosted: September 16th, 2017, 5:25 pm 

That's very kind of you and certainly the bomb/drop tank clamps would be helpful but as it's a complete kit of yours I certainly wouldn't expect you to cannibalise it for me, the ask was more on the offchance someone had bits from a scratchbuild or an 'unsuccesful air battle and now on the floor dio'
The more important ones are the prop blade and hinges which of course you couldn't spare from a complete one.
I'm just looking at every option before I have to arange a return and refund, the seller is being very gracious about it all and he originally bought it on trust it was complete (which it appears to be at a glance) so he's willing to refund but I really want to build this, I have the bf109 and been after one of these for ages.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2017, 7:53 pm 

Just a thought; try asking some of the 2nd hand kit dealers, like Collectakit. They often get kits with parts missing which they can't readily sell on. They may have picked up an incomplete FW kit

PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 12:43 pm 
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

I have this kit which i started building on this forum back in 2010. The write up is somewhere on the old forum.
All the engine and fuselage are already built with some modifications.
You can find the pictures on photobucket here:- http://s867.photobucket.com/user/montes ... t=3&page=1

If it is any good to you, your welcome to it. I will never finish it.
Just pay for the postage.

Alan...........

PostPosted: September 19th, 2017, 10:33 pm 

I built it last year for the Coastal Command SIG display. It's one of, if not actually, the worst kits I've ever built. My advice would be to bin it and buy the Revell 1/32nd one.

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Profile  WWW  

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 12:01 am 

montessa315 wrote:
I have this kit which i started building on this forum back in 2010. The write up is somewhere on the old forum.
All the engine and fuselage are already built with some modifications.
You can find the pictures on photobucket here:- http://s867.photobucket.com/user/montes ... t=3&page=1

If it is any good to you, your welcome to it. I will never finish it.
Just pay for the postage.

Alan...........

Well dammit, I had given up on finding bits and arranged a return for refund to the seller yesterday morning, had I not just packaged it, weighed it and paid hermes for the collection I'd have halted it and gladly accepted and been delighted with that.

Having said that though if it's all there I'd still be happy to relieve you of it and complete it, you looked like you were making a fantastic job of it, I now know shipping via hermes signed is £7odd.
Just had a thought, I can check how far Rugby is from Sheffield and Notts as I'll be down that way next month?

The one I'd bought was one of those situations where it was a good price had it been complete as the seller genuinely believed it was and I think he'd bought it and not thoroughly checked, I'm already miffed I'll be out the return shipping.

Dazzled, while I appreciate your comment is well intentioned it's not helpful in this case, I specifically wanted the 1:24 as I also have a bf109 and wanted eventually to build and display them as a pair on a base or I'd wait on the Hobbyboss 1:18 that's due to be released.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 7:58 pm 

m1ks wrote:
Well dammit, I had given up on finding bits and arranged a return for refund to the seller yesterday morning, had I not just packaged it, weighed it and paid hermes for the collection I'd have halted it and gladly accepted and been delighted with that.

Having said that though if it's all there I'd still be happy to relieve you of it and complete it, you looked like you were making a fantastic job of it, I now know shipping via hermes signed is £7odd.
Just had a thought, I can check how far Rugby is from Sheffield and Notts as I'll be down that way next month?

The one I'd bought was one of those situations where it was a good price had it been complete as the seller genuinely believed it was and I think he'd bought it and not thoroughly checked, I'm already miffed I'll be out the return shipping.

I'm sure I checked the contents when I started building it, but can double check.
Did not have any intention of getting rid of it but know I will not go back to it. If I remember rightly I had a lot of problems aligning the engine up.
But if somebody is going to finish it, they can have it.

Sheffield to Rugby 1 1/2 hours.

Alan.........

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 8:37 pm 

montessa315 wrote:
m1ks wrote:

I'm sure I checked the contents when I started building it, but can double check.
Did not have any intention of getting rid of it but know I will not go back to it. If I remember rightly I had a lot of problems aligning the engine up.
But if somebody is going to finish it, they can have it.

Sheffield to Rugby 1 1/2 hours.

Alan.........

I most certainly would, as said I was gutted that the one I bought had bits missing. I can't say i'll do it immediately but I have the bf109 waiting and the idea is to do a coffee table (under glass) grass field display, not a dio strictly speaking but who knows, perhaps if I could throw a period correct car and a couple of figures on too it'd look interesting and 1:24th lends itself to that with cars aplenty.
I'll be down Yorkshire way 16th Oct onwards for a week and happy to scoot down there, I see it's not too far south of Notts, (are there any interesting museums or anything there? I could make a day of it with my son).
If that's not convenient am happy to pay you the shipping instead.
Thankyou very muchly,

Mike

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 7:12 pm 

Mike,
Not a problem if you shoot down. I can arrange a day off Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday or be about the Saturday or Sunday.
There is the Rugby School which I know they do guided tours. The Webb Ellis Rugby Football Museum. Draycote Water with nature and wildlife areas (if not too cold). Rugby Art Gallery and Museum.
The Coventry Transport museum, about 25 mins away. The National Motorbike Museum, about 40 mins away. Midlands Air Museum, 20 mins away. The British Motor Museum, 30 mins away.
Not been in any of the Rugby ones myself but the other museums are well worth a look, you'll have to look them up online for admission and opening times.

I'll get the box out in the next few days and have a look through it.

Alan............

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 10:15 pm 

montessa315 wrote:
Mike,
Not a problem if you shoot down. I can arrange a day off Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday or be about the Saturday or Sunday.
There is the Rugby School which I know they do guided tours. The Webb Ellis Rugby Football Museum. Draycote Water with nature and wildlife areas (if not too cold). Rugby Art Gallery and Museum.
The Coventry Transport museum, about 25 mins away. The National Motorbike Museum, about 40 mins away. Midlands Air Museum, 20 mins away. The British Motor Museum, 30 mins away.
Not been in any of the Rugby ones myself but the other museums are well worth a look, you'll have to look them up online for admission and opening times.

I'll get the box out in the next few days and have a look through it.

Alan............

That's fantastic, thankyou very much.
Motorbike museum has got my attention but I'd better check with my son first as it's his holiday first and foremost :) Air museum sounds good, he was quite impressed with the Spitfire at Kelvingrove in Glasgow so a variety of planes would be nice for him.
I can see a good day trip plan forming, should be able to fit in pretty much any day that's most suitable as I tend to not make concrete plans unless a particular friend absolutley can only be free one specific day.
Will drop you a PM with my email and mobile number and let you know if anything alters before I head that way,

Cheers,

Mike