Strut material

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
Blue Elephant
Getting well comfy!

Strut material

Post by Blue Elephant »

A few years ago I purchased some airfoil-sectioned plastic strut material from Aeroclub....now no longer trading,naturally. I have been advised that Contrail and Strutz are no longer produced either. Any suggestions for a replacement product, or do I just give up on Biplanes? :sad: It burns me that people who produce this stuff seem to deliberately watch what is the most popular product in their lines and cancel them for no good reason! :evil:
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Strut material

Post by fredk »

Aeroclub is still in operation. John can be contacted through Britmodeller forum. He goes under John Aero.
The brass strut material is no longer available. The man making it died about a year ago, and his machinery was scrapped before John could get it.
I believe John still does the plastic struts. I think John owns the Contrail struts name. I got two packs off him at Telford in '12.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
Blue Elephant
Getting well comfy!

Post by Blue Elephant »

Thanks, fredk
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

fredk wrote:Aeroclub is still in operation. John can be contacted through Britmodeller forum. He goes under John Aero.
The brass strut material is no longer available. The man making it died about a year ago, and his machinery was scrapped before John could get it.
I believe John still does the plastic struts. I think John owns the Contrail struts name. I got two packs off him at Telford in '12.
He still had some at SMW this year, £2 IIRC
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “Construction Tips”