Humbrol paint question........'cos im stuck!!

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Humbrol paint question........'cos im stuck!!

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

so im thinking of doing the airfix fulmar but ive hit a problem with the paint call out

the instructions do not even mention the paint by name....just the humbrol colour code number.......165 and 30

now i dont use humbrol paints, and really dont want to go and buy any(i dont use enamels and hate the new acrylics) and so ive been trying to find equivalents in other suppliers ranges.....prefrably revell aquas since i like them a lot........but im not having much joy there.....ive used several paint conversion sites to no avail......even humbrols own conversion chart doesnt list them :evil:

30 is dark green and at least has a tamiya equivalent.............165 is medium sea grey and dosnt seem to have any equivalent :-|

any help greatfully recieved cos i just dont know what to use.............cos if i cant do this oob which i would like to do its going to get whiffed into something unusual
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Re: Humbrol paint question........'cos im stuck!!

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

Brews wrote:Tamiya have very nice equivalents for RAF colours, now. However, seeing as you're in SF, you might find Testors paints easier to get a hold of, if you don't mind enamels.

., but these are XF:81 - XF-83

erm.....thats San Francisco UK :-D

testors is almost impossible for me to get here, dont think i have ever seen them in any lhs i have visited......im not fond of tamiya for airbrushing which is why i was asking about revell aquas........thanks for trying anyway. :grin:
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
peebeep

Re: Humbrol paint question........'cos im stuck!!

Post by peebeep »

Beowulf, for the Mark I, the Humbrol call outs are pretty good matches, for the NF II substitute 30 with 116 or 163. Use this conversion chart to get Humbrol matches with other paint ranges, but bear in mind you may not get exact equivalents.

peebeep

Return to “Construction Tips”