Ikea milk frother/ paint mixer

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
Michael modeller 48

Ikea milk frother/ paint mixer

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Instead of a $20 dollar Badger paint mixer go to IKEA and pick yourself a $5.24 dollar milk frothier. Just remove the spring.

2AA batteries are not included.

Muttzley
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Re: Ikea milk frother/ paint mixer

Post by Muttzley »

Can pick them up cheaper on Flea Bay, think I paid about £2 for mine.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

£1 in Ikea UK
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
fredk

Post by fredk »

Might buy another one, it'll save having to clean my only one every time I want to make frothy hot choccy!
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
iggie

Post by iggie »

fredk wrote:Might buy another one, it'll save having to clean my only one every time I want to make frothy hot choccy!
You cheapskate! :shock:
Mind you, if you take the spring off as I suggested before you mix paint, you can add it again for frothing duties :grin: Less to clean! 8-)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
fredk

Post by fredk »

iggie wrote:
fredk wrote:Might buy another one, it'll save having to clean my only one every time I want to make frothy hot choccy!
Mind you, if you take the spring off as I suggested before you mix paint, you can add it again for frothing duties :grin: Less to clean! 8-)
yup, I even use mine without a battery to save on having to replace it when it dies.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
iggie

Post by iggie »

fredk wrote:
iggie wrote:
yup, I even use mine without a battery to save on having to replace it when it dies.
There's no answer to that! :-D :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
Michael modeller 48

Muttzley wrote:Can pick them up cheaper on Flea Bay, think I paid about £2 for mine.
I do not know the conversion of canada dollars into pounds. I think a pound is more than a CDN dollar?
Michael modeller 48

I not sure I i would trust i would have a paint/hot chocolate. I would buy another and label them kitchen and workbench and not mix them up haha
Michael modeller 48

fredk wrote:
iggie wrote:
Is that just using the equivalent of a stick liken to a spoon would work?

I had to replace the battery in my camera just recently... but tried to take one more set of pictures before doing so....haha even though the screen

said "replace batteries".
Michael modeller 48

I think Iggie suggested to me this tip/trick/tool in the first place. Sorry for not posting the credit in the beginning...

Note: fits humbrol tinnlets but not Testor paints jars.
Michael modeller 48

But these dollar store reading glass is not saving any money. The arms keep breaking off at this rate after buying 10-12 of them I should buy a drug store

brand and save on trips to the dollar store and wear reading glass with only one arm until i make the trip....ugh!!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Wrap some duct tape around the earpieces near the lenses part and then be a little gentle when putting them on & taking them off :)
Also keep an eye on the little screw, they do work loose.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Construction Tips”