Resin Kit Assembly

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
Pugz636
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Resin Kit Assembly

Post by Pugz636 »

having seen that rather nice heritage resin grob venture, i have never ventured ( See what i did there...) into resin. I have looked in the previous incarnation of this website for hints and assembly tips but they are no longer available...is it possible to get hints and tips on how to model using resin?

TVM

Pugz

2016 A:6:B:2 c: 1 ,2015 A:7 B:1 C:0 2014 A:2 B:1 C:0 (2013 A:22 B:1 C:0) (2012 A:3 B:2 C:0) (2011 A:4 B:8 C:1)
IPMS #12527
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Resin Kit Assembly

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Yes, Brews has the right link.

I am thinking about getting another resin GB started this year, but your quickest way to find info and sort through things is to open up a thread in the particular modeling forum (Air, Ship, etc) and start asking questions.

You will also see resin kits pop up in other GBs and projects ... for example, I think there will be several in the forthcoming "4 or more engines" GB. There is a build of a resin aircraft in this thread.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MerlinJones

Re: Resin Kit Assembly

Post by MerlinJones »

I've edited my list of last years builds, to indicate which were resin kits;
http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 061#p38061;

When searching for my reviews of resin kits, check out the following manufacturers;

144th Squadron
Anigrand
Choroszy Modelbud
CMR
Fantastic Plastic
Freight Dog
JPG Castings
Lift Here
Miniwings
Silver Cloud
SMT
Stargazer Models