AIRBRUSH SPRAY BOOTH FILTERS

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
Paulc
starter kit

AIRBRUSH SPRAY BOOTH FILTERS

Post by Paulc »

Hi, Just started back into building model aircraft and needed to replace the filter in my spray booth, I looked on e bay and one filter cost £5 plus P&P. Yesterday I went into a shop that sells everything from buttons to curtains, here in the UK we call it a haberdashery anyway they sell what the lady called "padding" I think its used in quilting and other things. It is the same as the filter material I got the 8oz thickness and it cost me £4:99 for a meter [one yard] I am able to get 10 filter pads from this at a cost of 50p per filter or a saving of £4:50, times ten that's £45, that's more models :razz: and its not spending money its saving money and I know that's right because my wife told me the last time she got another new dress in the sale. :ha:
PS I soaked a little of the padding in thinners and there were no adverse effects.

Paul C
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: AIRBRUSH SPRAY BOOTH FILTERS

Post by beany »

Welcome to the forum Paul - great tip there. I know a haberdashers in Derby so all I have to do now is get myself a spray booth :ha: ...oh how I envy you.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1

Return to “Construction Tips”