Advice needed,,,Gun Barrel

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
MIKE
Series 3 and Beyond

Advice needed,,,Gun Barrel

Post by MIKE »

I am in the process of obtaining .50 cal. metal barrels for my 1/48 B-17,,,Karaya( first choice),,or Master,,,I am looking for any advice
on how I could install them,,,this model has been built for awhile,,,all the plastic barrels have snapped off,,,so the trickey part for

"rookie" me is cleanly installinq them,,,by drilling??(size drill?),,,filling?? Thanks in advance
MerlinJones

Re: Advice needed,,,Gun Barrel

Post by MerlinJones »

I'd clean off any remnants of the old if you can, although it sounds more likely that you'll be trying to stick the new in place, through the already-fixed glazing.
Ideally, a small drill, to make a locating hole, would be a must. If you're fairly serious about thios hobby, I'd really recommend a small investment in a pin vice and bits;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20PC-Micro-Tw ... 416b2eca10;
MIKE
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by MIKE »

Thanks for your good advice Merlin
MIKE
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by MIKE »

I mean Bruce!!
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

No problem...it's why we're all here.
If Merlin's a norty boy, then Bruce is in the clear...and vice versa. ;-)

Long ago, I bought my minidrill from a local hardware shop, long since closed down and my bits from Toolspot. I now see both bits and drills being sold as a package on ebay, for around £6 or less. Ace!

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “Construction Tips”