Resin - how do you do it?

Want to know all about building a model?
This is where to look for tips on everything from gluing to filling, and scratchbuilding to filing ...
Spearjig
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Resin - how do you do it?

Post by Spearjig »

Well Ive got a resin casting kit in the stash and Ive been wondering what to do with it (impulse buy about a year ago) and Ive just dragged a Revell 110 G off the shelf of shame. Why I stopped working on it I don't know as it all but ready for the canopy and under carriage...... Which is were the crux of the problem lies. One side of the undercarriage was built as a complete assembly but its now disappeared , leaving me an assembly still on the spruce. Both sides seem the same so I'm wondering if its possible to mould a resin replacement using the complete spruce ( the resin kit has fairly clear instructions). If so any advice on resin casting would be appreciated. If not how are Revell with parts requests?
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: Resin - how do you do it?

Post by AndrewR »

One option would be to buy resin wheels from Eduard and scratchbuild the undercarriage legs. Plastic card, rod, brass rod for strength if necessary.

Wheels:

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Bras ... -1-72.html;
Up in the Great White North
Spearjig
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Re: Resin - how do you do it?

Post by Spearjig »

Thanks Andrew, Im checking over whats in the box and Ive found the legs , so I think I can scratch build the rest out of spruce with a bit brass for the linkages. The resin lives for another day.

Return to “Construction Tips”