Airbrush Cleaning!

Hints here for painting, decalling, weathering and displaying your finished models.
m1ks
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Airbrush Cleaning!

Post by m1ks »

Hopefully this is in an appropriate section:

Some time ago I filmed a how to thoroughly clean your double action airbrush tutorial as I saw so many comments asking how and thought i'd share my method which has worked well for me for the last 10 or so years leaving me a spotlessly clean brush in 10 min or less.
At the time I was restricted by poor lighting, audio and average image quality so I thought it time to revisit it with higher er def video, better er sound and amazing CGI and special effects!
(The CGI and special effects is not true though)

Hope it's useful to someone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSBK0l5Lbw&t=2s;
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Airbrush Cleaning!

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Interesting, thanks.
I usually draw the needle out the back first to avoid damaging the tip when taking off the front pieces -- I might give it a careful try your way.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
m1ks
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Re: Airbrush Cleaning!

Post by m1ks »

As long as you pull it back 1-2mm, about as far as pulling the trigger back, it'll clear the needle tip enough, I really believe it helps keep the seal in top condition, my cheap Chinese brush is 15 years old and has never needed a seal replacement and this iwata 10ish and likewise.
I'd recommend rolling the blunt end of the needle on some 600 grit wet and dry to make sure there are no sharp edges for re inserting though.
Hope it works for you!

Return to “Finishing Tips”