Future/Kleer -whatever??

Hints here for painting, decalling, weathering and displaying your finished models.
Blue Elephant
Getting well comfy!

Future/Kleer -whatever??

Post by Blue Elephant »

What passes for Future/Kleer in Australia these days? A Facebook-related modelling site said that Johnson's Pledge "Tile Magic" was the go? But I applied it to my Gazelle, mentioned in a previous airbrushing post, and it was tacky for 2 days...when I applied the decals, and tried to position them (they NEVER go where you want them, first time", the Pledge wrinkled and lifted the paint off as well.............a disaster! If this is the right stuff, what could have gone wrong? Paint not properly cured? Pledge not properly cured? Both? Modelling Gods hate me?
Is this stuff able to be airbrushed, and I obviously would need to thin it as well, if it can be? Gary Hatcher said he though that the stuff airbrushes like Pebble-Paving, but I'm sure that's just Gary at his self-effacing best? :)
Stevehnz
Active Participant

Re: Future/Kleer -whatever??

Post by Stevehnz »

Pascoes Long Life self shining floor polish, available thru Bunnings here in NZ & I believe also in Aus. I haven't used it as such but have seen it recommended to do the job. This one http://addlifetoyourfloors.com.au/portf ... or-polish/, more info http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html Scroll down about 1/2 way for mention of Long Life. I seem to remember it may not be the best on acrylics. The other half uses it since I've hijacked her last bottles of Klear & it has a strong ammonia smell, OK on enamels but not acrylics perhaps.
Steve.
DH-Drover
Active Participant

Post by DH-Drover »

Try Pledge One Go. Git mine from IGA Grenfell.

Dai

Semper ubi puri sub ubi
Life or Death there no other options.
Indian Proverb.
Blue Elephant
Getting well comfy!

Post by Blue Elephant »

Pledge One Go seems to have been discontinued and generally unavailable in Australiafrom late 2014 looking at Johnson's website.....that must be some old stock your IGA has, DH Drover? Hang onto it as long as possible. I'm in a bind as I'm over 100km away from any stores that carry Pledge or Pascoes in stock..........I certainly don't want to run the gauntlet of 'roos and road-trains to buy a bottle. Why is it, that a product EVERYONE loves, they take it off the market?? How Perverse is that?

Return to “Finishing Tips”