Aftermerket Decals

Hints here for painting, decalling, weathering and displaying your finished models.
Motley
Active Participant

Aftermerket Decals

Post by Motley »

Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it to the correct place :)

Recently ive seen some interesting schemes for aricraft that i would love to build, so what i was wondering really was where are good place to get hold of after market decals to be able to make this aircraft? :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: Aftermerket Decals

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

There are all kinds of places and companies. Google is your friend.

What I usually do is go to a huge modeling site like Hannats and do a search of whatever my subject is. Lets say P-51 Mustang. Then I sift through the results till I find what I'm looking for or that tickles my fancy. I'll also search evilbay for (in my case) 1/72 decals and then again search for what tickles my fancy. I'm sure other people will be able to name actual company's like Mike Grant, Zots, Aero Master, Berna, Cam, Eagle Cals, etc
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
BWP
Got in under the wire

Post by BWP »

What Dirk said.

In the case of specific schemes (i.e., a particular individual vehicle), probably easiest to just ask in a forum such as this one. "Does anyone make decals to depict ...?" with either a picture or description of the vehicle you're interested in.
Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia
"I want to decide who lives and who dies."
My Model Profile
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

I'll add JBot to the above list.
I tend to use Hannants to see what might be available. I then look to see if the decal manufacturer in question has their own web site.
Savings can be had, buying direct.

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “Finishing Tips”