Another hairy stick

Hints here for painting, decalling, weathering and displaying your finished models.
Clashcityrocker
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Another hairy stick

Post by Clashcityrocker »

You could use a turkey baster as a large pipette, as well as other things I'm told. ;-)

Nigel
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

fredk wrote:
AndrewR wrote:
Ian wrote:Is there nothing we modellers can't corrupt and bring over to the Dark Side?
Oven ready turkeys... :ha:
and sprouts

eeee, we're off on food again, mmmmmmmmmm
I have a genetic condition which makes sprouts taste bad to me (and I'm not making this up!)

http://www.nature.com/news/2006/060918/ ... 918-1.html;

But back on topic, these brushes do look interesting :)
Up in the Great White North
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

Well, after some fiddling with paint types and various canopies, I've gone off the idea of this being the hoped for solution to quick canopy painting. It's great for freehand work and fine lining, but the raised sections of the canopy just keep pushing the tip away. It was OK on some canopies with raised edges, but these are easy anyway. I may get one of those Italeri brushes to try out.

I think that this brush is great for freehand work though, so I'll keep it for that. I've gone back to a very pointy lining and spotting brush. It doesn't hold a lot of paint and the viscosity has to be spot on to get good results. Good visual acuity seems to be the secret. That and a good method of holding the part so that you can get a straight stroke. Ah well. You have to try these things. It looked good initially, but that was on an unmarked canopy.
So many models, so little time.

Return to “Finishing Tips”