Dogfight dio

Ideas for displaying your models.
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Dogfight dio

Post by Brickie »

I've just acquired a 1/72 scale PZL P.11 off eBay, and am thinking about producing a diorama of it attacking a Stuka head-on over Poland in September '39.

Has anyone any thoughts on this - in terms of damage to the Stuka but also of how to actually mount the aircraft in the right poses - would one of those two-kit Airfix bases do the trick or would I be looking at manufacturing something?

And if anyone knows of any pics of something similar knocking around, I'll be glad to see them...
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Dogfight dio

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

The problem with a head-on attack is that the two models will be so close that everyone will think they will crash head-on; if the PZL comes at it from any other angle, it's not so critical a problem.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Brickie

Post by Brickie »

jRatz wrote:The problem with a head-on attack is that the two models will be so close that everyone will think they will crash head-on
They had that effect on the Germans, too :mrgreen:

A 7 | 12 B
Brickie

Post by Brickie »

But I'm more thinking of it diving in from a steep angle, raking the Stuka before diving past behind it.

A 7 | 12 B
Brickie

Post by Brickie »

Brews wrote:Historically, Stukas and PZL-11cs did face off. The first aerial victory of the war was a Polish fighter that fell to the guns of a Ju 87B. I don't know if the Stuka shot it down in a head-on attack or whether it caught the PZL from another aspect. Your mission, should you choose to accept it ...
The unfortunate Pole was just taking off from the base under attack, AFAIK, so odds-on he was either hit by bomb-blast or strafed by the five forward-facing MGs those things packed...

A 7 | 12 B

Return to “Display and Diorama”