A Swarm of Mosquitos.

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: A Swarm of Mosquitos.

Post by Marek »

For some reason, I have never ventured into this part of forum before. Your collection is a real treasure, I mean it.
Neil Wellman
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Neil Wellman »

Old_Tonto wrote:
Chuck E wrote:
Old_Tonto wrote:
Have you considered printing those red do not walk markers on clear decal paper?
Not much luck with clear decal with any printer that I have access to. I tried to print PRU with the stripes already on. Still a problem. Still working on it though.
I know what you mean, I only ever do it as a last resort. I have found a set of Mosquito decals in the stash which includes the walk markers which you are welcome to. I will have a go at printing a few off too if I can find my decal paper. We just got a new laser printer which I was going to try out for decal making.
Great project (most impressed with the Harrier).

Unrelated I know... but I was thinking of using inkjet decal printing sheet for the stencilled leather on a samurai (the main breastplate element would be c3x4 cm). Printing would be mono (black or dark brown), or perhaps two. The refs below show the idea.

I was also thinking of printing the motif for his clothing (eg a crane or something floral)

Having read these comments I'm now unsure how well this may work... any thoughts?
Neil Wellman
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

I have found some new decal film on Ebay. It was recommended by Alan Dent, who has had some great results with it.

So many models, so little time.
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Old_Tonto »

Lovely job. I need some decal paper.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)

Return to “Aviation Modelling”