Re: Introduction to the Concept

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Post by Crashpilot »

:razz: This is a great idea to motivate people to get started on the shelf of doom....
let´s see, which of my dust-catching plane kits want to get finished.....
(looking the s. o. doom up and down...)
I´ll be back with a list to choose from... :pilot:
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish
Crashpilot

Post by Crashpilot »

I had a big mouth two days ago. Since I use modelling as an alibi to run away from important work I have to do (quite too often I do so),
I better stick to my MB Sabre that´s in the group build right now, and give out a list of my unfinished models once there´s more time left for modelling...
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Crashpilot

Post by Crashpilot »

I started a topic in this thread with a list of my unfinished kits!
So, yous can choose now, for which kit I´ll be condemn.....ehem, asked to finish.
Dunno how to organize the polling, anyone has an idea?

Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

I got a tank M41 off kijiji, they were half started or finished. I know their not mine but if I finished them could I post it here?
Crashpilot

Post by Crashpilot »

Michael modeller 48 wrote:I got a tank M41 off kijiji, they were half started or finished. I know their not mine but if I finished them could I post it here?
Why not? Would be nice to see, what shape it´s in right now, and how you finish it. Probably no instructions there?
So you would need to make up some scheme, eh?

iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Crashpilot wrote:
Michael modeller 48 wrote:I got a tank M41 off kijiji, they were half started or finished. I know their not mine but if I finished them could I post it here?
Why not? Would be nice to see, what shape it´s in right now, and how you finish it. Probably no instructions there?
This area is intended for finishing off long -term projects that were started by you and for whatever reason got stalled. Hence "I've started...."
I would suggest the better place to complete a project that someone else started would be in your own workbench window thread :)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Crashpilot

Post by Crashpilot »

iggie wrote:
Crashpilot wrote:
This area is intended for finishing off long -term projects that were started by you and for whatever reason got stalled. Hence "I've started...."
I would suggest the better place to complete a project that someone else started would be in your own workbench window thread :)
Oops, had forgot about that! Yes, projects started by one´s self.....

Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Crashpilot wrote:
It is a mute point right now, but to answer your question.

It is dusty and the wheels and tracks are not done. Migrant help find out it was a Tamiya and when to find the instruction. It has yellowed decals.

I have tape them to my patio door for direct sunlight. Since I can't post here, I plan to build up for a paint "mule" to learn how to use an air brush.

If i have the right paints i will build as a M41 if not I will not buy the right paints just to experiment on...

If interested i post a few "out of box review" pictures on my WBT STASH thread...

Return to “Aviation Modelling”