I'm guilty.

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Nax
Modelling Gent and Scholar

I'm guilty.

Post by Nax »

After reading this part of the forum the other day I came to the conclusion that I have been avoiding several builds that I started . Airfix 1/72 Provest that I got off e-bay that had a twisted fuselage and was missing the elevators.
A PM Model 1/72 Horten, that I have buggered up the camo job twice, and I have reservations on the accuracy of the model.
An Academy 1/72 Stuka 87G that I have been shying away from because of the mask job on the green house canopy and all the fiddly bits on the underside that is leaving me undecided about which side I should do the masking on.
And lastly an Italeri 1/72 Me109G that I bought only for the decals to use on the Arado and started building but lost a little faith when I realized the guns in the nose are set so low they would shoot holes in the engine cowling :roll:

SO, I now want the cupboard clear of anything not finished and have started to tidy them up.

The Buffalo in the back ground is my current build and should be finished tonight or tomorrow night. The canopy on the Stuka got masked last night, took 3 hours :roll: and has had a coat of Dk green.

The Horten has had a coat of paint to start the camo job AGAIN.

Since found an elevator for the provest (the tail off my sons battered helicopter will do) and read a post the other day where Migrant said he clued the fuselage half's together in sections with super glue to remove the warping. ;-)

The Me 109G......???? :???:
Steve/Nax
Enjoying trying to make them look real.
Nax
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: I'm guilty.

Post by Nax »

I've been hooking into the unfinished models and am happy to say I'm making progess.
I had the Horten finished once and when I removed the mask, some of the paint came with it. I was shattered and lost interest and have just got it finished now, but I was a bit gutless to tackle the airbrush camo job again and opted for blutak stencil in a planer pattern.

The original paint job that I wrecked.

And the new lazy pattern camo.

I wish I could afford to buy masks for the windows, but its done now, not really keen to do to many windows like the Stuka. ;-)

Steve/Nax
Enjoying trying to make them look real.
Viking
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Viking »

i like your tiger striped Horten :) i can see an alternative history story there where Tiger Meets started earlier and some German planes participated ....
Completed: not counting. Bought: trying not to let Mrs Viking count
Jdubya
Getting well comfy!

Post by Jdubya »

Nice one chap. The lazy camo really works for me and looks very effective and nicely rescued. The Stuka is looking really good to. I haven't built a stuka and I'll confess that it is masking the canopy that is putting me off....

All the best

James

Return to “Aviation Modelling”