Hasegawa 1/48 25th Anniversary Phantom FG 1

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
theconfidencestoat
Active Participant

Hasegawa 1/48 25th Anniversary Phantom FG 1

Post by theconfidencestoat »

This old hangar queen has been under way since about 1997. Everything than can go wrong, has gone wrong, including accidentally spraying grey undercoat into a beautifully detailed and painted cockpit. She's been painted twice and stripped back twice. Here she is with the lastest batch of white on board. I've done a few airliners since 1997, so I'm on top of gloss white now...... ( famous last words )

It's supposed to look like this FFS !

Got the red on ......

And now some of the blue - not coming up too badly, but most of the panel lines on the fuse have been sanded away.

The jinx has continued, I dropped it. The rear seat demonstrated it's 'zero-zero' capability.

The decals, being quite old , have yellowed somwewhat , I have replaced the roundels with Xtradecals. The other.........well they split and broke like no-one's business, but have done my best......coming along ok...

Almost finished......
Jagewa
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Hasegawa 1/48 25th Anniversary Phantom FG 1

Post by Jagewa »

What an eye catcher, great persevering with this one.

Cheers
Jim
Karaya
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Karaya »

I agree. Looks very, very good and you are to be commended for sticking with it. I would have consigned it to the rubbish bin long ago.
.....Sven W.
theconfidencestoat
Active Participant

Post by theconfidencestoat »

Karaya wrote:I agree. Looks very, very good and you are to be commended for sticking with it. I would have consigned it to the rubbish bin long ago.
Trust me Guys, this has nearly been binned that often !
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Stunning looking Phantom, great job
BEEN A WHILE
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I fear that would have had a flying lesson with me as well, or at least have become an airbrush technique test queen (coincidentally I have an old 1/72 Matchbox Phantom serving that very purpose). But you have saved this very well and it looks great in those markings.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
IronMan129
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by IronMan129 »

Sorry to dig up a 6 year old thread but I'm building one of these at the moment(matchbox kit, xtradecal decals) has anyone got any pics of the landing gear to XT597?
I have noticed on her nose gear its white for the main leg and red for the support leg(if that's the tech term)
I was wondering if the main gear legs were the same or just white?
Sorry to hear about your problems mate but my god the phantom turned out nicely!
Muzfuz
starter kit

Post by Muzfuz »

Hi just as a note about this aircraft, i served in the raf and for my sins i was at raf st athan back in the 80s and i very well remember this aircraft being painted at st athan and being stored in our hanger for a while while it had a minor star service? and boy did it get a lot of attention! it was stunning as you are no doubt aware it served at boscombe down then, you're model looks brill !
Regards Maurice

Return to “Aviation Modelling”