Revell 1/72 Airco DH2

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Lone Modeller
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Revell 1/72 Airco DH2

Post by Lone Modeller »

Evening All,

Having seen Arcwelder's Revell models recently, they brought to mind a model that I constructed in the mid 1970's. I had just started to build and rig biplanes - this was my third attempt at rigging one. I only had the Profile as my source of information, (there were no desktop computers then, let alone the internet or DataFiles), so I did not revamp the kit as I would have done if I had known then what I know now. I replaced the absolutely awful mg, added a windscreen, compass housing under the nose and turned the prop into a 4 blader by cutting off the blades from the remains of an earlier attempt and adding them to this model. There is no serial because I did not have any suitable transfers. I rigged it with stretched sprue which I then painted with silver - well it looked good at the time……. but you will need your sunglasses on.

Thanks for looking.
Gregers
Forum founder

Re: Revell 1/72 Airco DH2

Post by Gregers »

Looks pretty good to me and far better than my last attempt at this kit. Nice one.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Nice one! I did this recently and as you have demonstrated, with a little patience it can make up into a lovely little model
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
PGAS
Active Participant

Post by PGAS »

This is another favorite aircraft of mine. It looks really good!. That's a lot of stretched sprue! Nice and consistent. So much between all the frames. It is a veritable spiders web. Beautiful work on changing to the four blade prop.

She looks great!
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.

Return to “Aviation Modelling”