Fujimi Bf-110D

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
uavdb
Active Participant

Fujimi Bf-110D

Post by uavdb »

I started this a couple of years ago and lost interest because of some poor fitting areas like the engine cowls to the nacelles and the nose shape looked just wrong to me. I based this on the excellent Monogram Bf-110, which even thought it had a sparse interior and raised panel lines was very accurate in shape (lucky I have a Monogram example in the stash!) Progress thus far:

uavdb (Dave)
uavdb
Active Participant

Re: Fujimi Bf-110D

Post by uavdb »

Some progress on the 110. Wings and horizontal added along with some Tamiya putty in small amounts. Like I said, joins arent great but it is what it is.
uavdb (Dave)
uavdb
Active Participant

Post by uavdb »

Progress....not much, but progress!
uavdb (Dave)
Eric Mc
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Eric Mc »

Having built the Monogram kit recently I can vouch for its good outline. Cockpit masks are a must for a 110 kit. That is where I was let down as I tried to finish my model off with just using Tamiya tape and a vac form canopy..
uavdb
Active Participant

Post by uavdb »

Eric, yes I saw your beautifully done Monogram version. Your paint job is really good and I hope mine comes out half as good as yours did.. The Eduard masks I am using are a tad confusing, but with all of those windows that isnt surprising.
uavdb (Dave)
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

I built the Italeri 110G a few years ago and used Eduard masks on that. They worked really well. The problem with Eduard masks is that they are designed for specific kits so they may not suit a similar aircraft from a different manufacturer.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

It doesn't look, from the photos at least, like such a bad kit. Fujimi kits are, unfortunately, a bit of a mixed bag. When Fujimi do get it right their products are quite brilliant and usually good value for money (1/72 Mig-21 or 1/48 Zero for example) but they have put out some more "challenging" models.

In any case, well done for persisting with this. Any progress is good and encouraging. I'm looking forward to seeing this complete. :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Aviation Modelling”