V1 Bronco models

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
wot4wayne
Series 3 and Beyond

V1 Bronco models

Post by wot4wayne »

Been working on something a little different a V1 fly bomb, this is the 1/35 scale model from Bronco models I bought this along with some chines armour that in time I will post on here.
The build of this V1 is interesting as the bomb body is made up of seven parts, a nose cone a upper and lower front/mid section and ending with a left and right rear/pulse jet section, and of interest is the way these sections fit together these parts all locate by way of what can best be described as fingers, you have two fingers in one location with a corresponding single finger in the opposite location, and to help hold the sections together you then have what look like tool box like catches that clip together as each part is located up to the next, so doing a dry fit becomes entertaining when it comes to separating them ( ask me how I know :???: ).

As to the build everything go’s together well with only a little cleaning up of the parts, I did paint the part in the pulse jet that represents the wire mesh at the front of the jet and the tail pipe before I put it all together but that was all, this kit also comes with a transport dolly that has some fiddly part to put together with regards to the handles and wheels but that’s the only part of the build that is, the rest of it all go’s together easy and with the parts locking together once you do build it you don’t have to be gentle handling it.

If it looks right it must be right!!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: V1 Bronco models

Post by ShaunW »

This makes a nice change in the world of the Aviation Modelling section of the forum Wayne. Looks like a decent enough kit and in 1/35th should be a reasonable size once it's completed. Good start and I look forward to seeing more of this one.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “Aviation Modelling”